NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Holman Moody SBF Exhaust Manifolds

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Metallman56 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metallman56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Holman Moody SBF Exhaust Manifolds
    Posted: December-10-2022 at 9:55am
Thanks for the info.

So my plan for these gets complicated. I have a 71 HM 302 out of a Martinique. Plan for the Martinique was to do stringers, but life had other plans. Long story short, I have a spare HM motor sitting around for about 10 years now. Fast forward to today and I found a 84 Nautique that when sold to me was described as having low compression. So I bought it thinking that I could put the HM into it if all else fails. Turns out the motor was/is fine it was just running ridiculously rich. So now I'm keeping the 351 in the 84. 

Going back to the HM 302 it only has the starboard side HM exhaust manifold on it, port side broke probably 30 plus years ago. The plan was to put these on the 302 when I did the motor swap. That plan is now down the tube because like I said there is nothing wrong with the 351 in the 84.

I have been looking for a set of these for the HM 302 for probably 15 plus years now. Don't get me wrong I'm not looking on every site everyday but probably once every few months I'd check out here, or ebay, or wherever. I had never seen a set for sale anywhere, so yes when I saw them for sale in NC I jumped on them. However, that is when I intended to use them in the motor swap, that now isn't going to happen. I know how rare they are because we couldn't find a set 30 plus years ago when the original broke, and again I haven't been about to find a set until now. 

I honestly didn't and don't know what to price them at, and was thinking actual value was somewhere between $1k and $2k, because of how hard they were to find. 

Knowing that there are rare but not worth a lot of money I think I'll probably put them onto the 351 I have now. I'd still be willing to sell them before they go on the boat, but once they're on they're not coming off again.

Sorry if I pissed anyone off, that was never my intention. I thought there was someone out there like me that would jump on these because you simply never see them for sale. 
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-09-2022 at 11:56pm
Fair price - used = half of new - hm = 1.5 times pcm.   So hm =.75 new pcm (not list, reality). Even then you are waiting on the right buyer - as they are rare but not that rare.   Want them to go quick then back to the half of new pcm price
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
ohio 93 snpb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohio 93 snpb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-09-2022 at 11:21pm
fair price is a little more than you paid,if you cant use pass on to someone who can,they were 200 off a 71 skier from nc he would not ship.so now you have them and they are 2000 now,ill pass
93 sn purple/black
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metallman56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-09-2022 at 6:03pm
Thanks for your thoughts. I'm not lying I don't know what to price these at. What do you think is a fair price?
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2022 at 3:40pm
Too high
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metallman56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2022 at 9:29am
Cross posting these today. 

I've been thinking about pricing and I will do $1,500 for a Correct Craft and $2,000 for all other boats. 

I really don't know if that's too high, or a steal. 

Still hoping they go to a CC home. 
spot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-28-2022 at 8:23pm
I am in central NC I own a 1973 Nautique and am (looking) at a rare 1965 Nautique with a HM repower MINUS the manifolds you are selling so I AM interested.  What price range are you looking to get for these?  Thanks
Number 2 White Lake Nautique
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metallman56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-25-2022 at 10:50am
I'm going to give these 1 more week to sell before I cross post them.

I really REALLY hope they stay in the Nautique family.

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metallman56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2022 at 7:33pm
Came off of a 71 Correct Craft Skier.

No cracks or visible damage.

Not sure what price to list them for. I know they are extremely rare.

PM me offers.

They came out of a Correct Craft, and I would prefer them to go back into one, and not a Donzi, but if they don't sell here I will cross post.

I'm in the IN-KY area, and I can ship at buyers expense. 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic