NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

BKH just saying hello

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BKH just saying hello
    Posted: September-21-2022 at 12:01pm
Hello all,

I had a long chat with Quinner last night, and it reminded me that I have not visited CCFan in forever.  Thought I would say hello.

Our daughter, who was not born when I first joined this site, will turn 16 next month.  This summer she placed second in Slalom
and Tricks at the Western Regionals (not a lot of competition, but hey, whose complaining).

We moved to Lake Tahoe area about 1.5 years back.  Downsized from our SAN to a 98 Ski Nautique to support our daughter's Slalom habit.  Had the motor changed out to a Chevy with Zero Off.  Meets our needs.  After 25 years of living on the water, it is an adjustment
to trailer the boat to a lake, even if it's only 9 miles.

Sold my 81 (Correction, 82)  project boat to the neighbor as I had nowhere to store it.  Some will recall, I started that project about 2007.

Life is good.  Look me up if planning a vacation to the Tahoe area.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

ultrarunner View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2022 at 1:42pm
Great to hear from you Brian. Sounds like all great things happing. Congrats to your baby girl! I've always wanted to run the Lake Tahoe 72 miler. I'll look you up when I need a crew! ;-) 

Mark
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2022 at 3:28pm
Brian we are kind of neighbors, I am 90 miles away in Folsom.  I work Ski Patrol at Sierra at Tahoe, I assume you ski winter also.  Congratulation on your daughters successes.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2022 at 5:08pm
Hey Mark, we've been kinda neighbors for years - last 25 in Discovery Bay.  I'm happy Sierra is reopening.  I think it will be a huge year for them after the fire.  Our daughter has skied for Squaw(Palisades) team for years.  As a Freshman, she made varsity and was part of the State Champion Team at Truckee High.  Alpine Skiing was a big part of the motivation to move.

Livin' the Dream

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2022 at 5:35pm
Your project was at least an 82 since it was a “2001”. Anyway, Hi. Thanks for stopping in. We (I) am about to resume progress on our 1980 Martinique that was started in 2008.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2022 at 6:08pm
Hollywood, correct.  82.  I asked Quinner whatever became of the Martinique.  Pretty cool boat if/when finished.  Kind of the boating equivalent of your old Cadillac.

Livin' the Dream

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2022 at 7:41pm
Hi Brian good to hear everyone's fine. Can't believe your daughter is going to be 16 already,how time flies. 
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2022 at 11:16pm
The Fleetwood lie in rest awaiting it’s ultimate demise, demolition derby.
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2022 at 6:13pm
G'day Brian Big smile
Sounds like you are living the dream. I remember having 16 year old daughters Ouch
Not sure if you recall but the 98 Sport I imported came from Tahoe.

If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2022 at 5:54pm
Yes Gary S.  16 learning to drive.  Almost 5'11" tall.   Happens very quickly.
Lewy, I remember.  Funny, same guy inquired about buying my Super Air back when it was on the Market.

Livin' the Dream

M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2022 at 7:14pm
I randomly just stopped by the site and saw this! I'll never forget that first 2006 reunion when you were deathly ill but still made the trip! We have a 15 year old and a 10 year old now. We still have the 2000 SN and a 2016 200. Skiing men's 3 slalom and trying to make my way through 35 off. Kids generally want nothing to do with the boats nor skiing, more time for the adults I suppose.
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2022 at 12:45am
been awhile since i have posted as well. i do lurk often just to stay in touch. i was wondering what happened to that project Brian. Joel mentioned those Green Lake Reunions....great memories. Used to spend way to much time here....now dont spend enough. 

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2022 at 10:56pm
Glad all is well, Brian. It’s been a while for sure. Nice to see posts from some old friends.

Ken
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2022 at 7:17pm
Joel, I've had way too many medical issues over the years, but that back surgery, first year of Green Lake was near the top.  

John, looks like you have no need to hang around the website, everyone comes to see you in Florida.

Ken , I've seen some pics of you Nautique and your Ocean going boat.  Looks like life is treating you well.

BKH

Livin' the Dream

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2022 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by ultrarunner ultrarunner wrote:

Great to hear from you Brian. Sounds like all great things happing. Congrats to your baby girl! I've always wanted to run the Lake Tahoe 72 miler. I'll look you up when I need a crew! ;-) 

Mark

When I graduated college, my room mates' parents had moved to Ridgefield CT.  I drove across country to drop him off
and put some adventure in my summer before starting work in San Diego.  Good times.
Livin' the Dream

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic