NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Water pump not sucking

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Water pump not sucking
    Posted: September-06-2022 at 2:10pm
Hook a hose from your pump suction to a 5 gallon bucket of water on the floor of the boat and start the engine.

You'll know very shortly after that if the pump is working.Wink

It pumps roughly 5 gallons/minute at idle

It'll at least tell you if the problem is pump related or is an air leak or blockage before the pump
desertskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2022 at 10:50am
I had an impeller failure recently.  The impeller looked fine but the bonding between the rubber and the metal hub had failed so the impeller wasn't spinning just the hub.  A few other members have experienced this failure also.  Otherwise you may have an air leak between the pump and the pickup.  Do a forum search.  Lot's of cooling system info on this site.
92 SN - Owned since 93
99 Pro Air
89 SN - Went to live on a lake in Texas
75 Donzi 16 - Sold in 93
Tbarile View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbarile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2022 at 10:23am
I have an 02 ski Nautique with the GT40. Went to ski this morning and boat overheated. Immediately assumed it was the impeller but when I took the pump apart the impeller was in great shape. Reinstalled and it’s still not sucking water. I’ve check hoses and all seem right. What am I missing?

Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic