Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Protec EMS and Coil Packs

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Aussie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Protec EMS and Coil Packs
    Posted: September-06-2022 at 12:41am

I have a 1993 SN with 351W GT40 heads nominally 285HP with the Protec Ignition EMS and Coil Packs.  

My ignition is still fully operational but the EMS is leaking the potting mixture when the engine is warmed up - although ever so slightly.

While I understand there is much discussion on this forum and around the internet on the replacement of the Coil Packs with a conventual coil and distributor as well as discussion on the merits of the various solutions, I am interested to see if anyone has an actual electronic schematic of the potted EMS and coil packs.

I have seen the overall boat wiring diagram on Page 51 of the engine manual but have not been able to find the schematic of what is inside the EMS.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

desertskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2022 at 10:44am
Pretty sure the answer is No.  I have never seen one on this site or anywhere else.  Someone would have had to either reverse engineer it or obtain one from PCM.  Like you said most owners just swap them out.  There was a member a few years ago that put a scope on the output of the trigger unit so he could replicate the signal going to his EFI.  He was able to keep his stock EFI and just replace his Protec with a distributor.
92 SN - Owned since 93
99 Pro Air
89 SN - Went to live on a lake in Texas
75 Donzi 16 - Sold in 93
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic