Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I have been Duped, Be Careful!

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
bilal308 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bilal308 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I have been Duped, Be Careful!
    Posted: September-05-2022 at 6:29am
Hello Everyone,

I posted on the forum that I needed to buy a windshield and I was contacted by email by member name: scobbydoo:

Douglas Bland 

8905 Evergreen Avenue  #334 Indianapolis IN46240

scobbydoo069@gmail.com 

+1 (812) 250-9231

He sent me pics and dimensions of the windshield and was very pushy on closing the deal. After sending him the money on Zelle, he disappeared and is no longer answering my email or phone calls. Confused

Guys, be careful on all your transactions with this guy. Angry

Regards,

Bilal

MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2022 at 12:58pm
Thanks for sharing and report the member to Keith.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2022 at 5:31pm
I think the key here is that he has never posted here before and only recently joined. Another thing is that he only PM'd you and lives at a senior independent living facility -all to me red flags 
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2022 at 5:53pm
Just out of curiosity what were the shipping charges to Nigeria?
desertskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2022 at 7:27pm
Sorry to hear.  Especially from this site.  It's amazing the lengths a criminal scammer will go to.  Getting pictures and dimensions from a '94 windshield would take more effort than I would have thought one would take.
92 SN - Owned since 93
99 Pro Air
89 SN - Went to live on a lake in Texas
75 Donzi 16 - Sold in 93
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2022 at 7:40pm
This is astonishing!  Only on the internet does a Nigerian get duped by a resident in a senior living home! I think that's backwards...  The info in your profile doesn't really help us understand. 

I hope you can find a windshield - those are tough to come by - Check FB. 
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2022 at 8:05pm
Some of those senior living places cost big bucks.

The poor old guy is probably doing whatever he has to do to pay the bill every month

Or maybe some of those "senior women" he's chasing have expensive taste in things  Wink
Faceplant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faceplant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2022 at 9:14pm
Damn !!   Sorry to hear .
Feels like I am hanging 10 but in reality - probably hanging 6.
pjsmoreno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pjsmoreno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2022 at 10:52am

It has happened to me as well here on this site. Gary S is correct in saying watch out for new members posting items for sale. I was fortune enough to get my money when the transaction didn’t seem just right.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic