NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2022 Buckethead

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2022 Buckethead
    Posted: August-28-2022 at 12:59pm
Just got back home from another great weekend with CCF friends. 
This year there is a new reigning champion of the Buckethead race, it’s our own Deep Rudders Team.

It was another laugh a minute great weekend with good friends and I can honestly say I drank enough beer to last me till late into fall.LOL

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2022 at 12:23pm
Ha. A huge thanks to all our supporters and sponsors. We are in the big time now.
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2022 at 4:47pm
In no way to diminish the "Rudders" accomplishment in the also ran category (and coming in 5th)

'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2022 at 6:07pm
In no way to diminish the "Flungs" accomplishment in the also ran category (and look at Allen standing up under his own power)
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2022 at 7:53pm
Sorry Greg i was going to get to that.
Going from the first year where we were about to send boats up river to see if you sank to placing 5th two years in a row is outstanding.

STRIVE FOR CONSISTENCY 👍👍👍😂
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2022 at 10:22pm
Congrats guys now lets get the podium locked up next year Clap

If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2022 at 8:39am
Congrats to all!  Can you share the stats of the race with us please.  I saw the winning time was like one hour...that is amazing.  The soles of my feet hurt just trying to imagine how fast ya'll must have been skiing on average.  Looks like a ton of fun.   
2004 196 LE Ski 1969 Marauder 19 1978 Ski
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2022 at 8:42am
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2022 at 8:51am
Averaged 38 mph in total.  What is average ski speed?  Top ski speed?  Any rules concerning feet protection? (i.e. super glue on soles)  How much training at 50 mph does it take to not lose skin? Shocked
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2022 at 9:23am
I looked up the rules via the web page....holy moly batman....so 38 miles in one hour and stopping for a mandatory 5 minute refuel?!?  That's some awesome skiing!
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2022 at 10:49am
There was also a "idle only zone" that was supposed to limit boats to no more than 5 mph that was likely good for minutes in both directions.
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2022 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by NCH20SKIER NCH20SKIER wrote:

There was also a "idle only zone" that was supposed to limit boats to no more than 5 mph that was likely good for minutes in both directions.

Almost exactly 2min per pass through. Total of 9 minutes stopped or idling. Course was about 1.5min longer (slower?) than last year with the change in gas stop location.

I can’t remember if BH rules specifically ban foot coverings but I’d say it’s frowned upon even if not. It’s BAREfooting, after all.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2022 at 1:22pm
Couple more questions, Tim.  So your overall average speed was roughly 39 mph. But taking out idle zones, gas stop, turn-around and transitions what was your top/average speed (i.e. speed while a skier was in tow)?  Does that vary from skier to skier given their comfort zone, or are you all pretty equal?  Also, how many transitions did you have.  I know between turn around, gas stop, idle zones, thats kind of a messy question, but you get the idea,  And finally, I looked at Wolfpack's video.  It appears when you turn around at the end, you dont just drop the skier, whip around and pick him up again (or switch)  Seems there might be an idle out requirement there, too?

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2022 at 1:24pm
So is my math correct?  The winner averaged 43.7 mph for one hour.  Actual ski speed with starts and stops and turns must have been near or over 50mph?  What was fastest ski speed that you saw or had some sustain for their turn?  Sorry for all the questions but I am super curious!  I have never tried skiing at more than 44 and thought I burned!!!!  I am impressed!  
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2022 at 1:30pm
The gas stop was at the turn around this year- had been at the NWZ in years prior (you could take the 5min stop in either direction, most chose the return leg).

Kind of neat having so many boats at the gas stop at once- the top 6 all arrived before the leader took back off (we were in 2nd at that point). Not much more than 4min separated the 6 at the half way point. Boat troubles impacted 4 of the top 6, with one complete engine failure (DNF) and another that added more than an hour to their overall time.

Being able to ski long distances and minimize the number of transitions is definitely key!
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2022 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Kind of neat having so many boats at the gas stop at once- the top 6 all arrived before the leader took back off (we were in 2nd at that point). Not much more than 4min separated the 6 at the half way point. 

I noticed the number of boats at the turn in the video and was surprised to see so many so close.

Kudos to the team that had engine trouble but stuck with it to get it going again and finish. But felt bad for Wolfpack.  That sucked that their engine blew, but they took it in stride.  Frankly, I'm surprised it doesnt happen more often.

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2022 at 10:04am
What it’s like to be part of the winning team of a 38 mile barefoot race.😂

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic