NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1990 Ski Nautique Boat Cover For Sale

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
wkeith View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wkeith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1990 Ski Nautique Boat Cover For Sale
    Posted: August-11-2022 at 9:26am
Brand new in the original unopened box full boat cover. Color is Smoke Grey. Paid $900 will sell for $700. Cover made by Pro Cover, excellent quality.
Walter Keith

SOLD
uncle-buck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uncle-buck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2022 at 4:50pm
Please provide a link to Pro Cover's website.
Thx
1990 Ski Nautique (original owner)
PCM 351W with D.U.I.
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2022 at 6:03pm
What is unique about the Pro Cover to make it worth 900?   Is it all weather?   
wkeith View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wkeith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2022 at 8:23pm
The Pro Cover
you tube "Installing The Pro Cover"
"
This video shows how to install The Pro Cover by Cover Source International / Cover Sport, and specifically how to use the cinch straps.
wkeith View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wkeith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2022 at 8:26pm
It is all weather, heavy duty. There is a you tube video to show how to install the cover and cinch straps. Not for my model, but gives you and idea of the craftmanship that goes into it.
You tube "Installing the Pro Cover".
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2022 at 2:48am
Did you sell this cover yet?

wkeith View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wkeith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2022 at 8:16am
I still have it in the unopened box it was shipped in. My wife bought me a cover for my birthday not knowing I had one on order. Didn't want to hurt feelings so never disclosed I had one coming. Would much rather have this cover than the one she gave me, but peace at home is worth more.
I payed $840, will sell for $600 plus shipping.
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2022 at 10:52am
This cover for your 1990, just checking to verify, my boat is a 1995, I think the 90 and 95 have the same hull and not the earlier 2001 Hull?  Thanks

wkeith View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wkeith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2022 at 11:17am
That is correct!
wkeith View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wkeith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2022 at 11:19am
Your boat is beautiful. What a find!
wkeith View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wkeith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2022 at 10:21am
Still looking for a cover?
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2022 at 7:41pm
1990 and 1995 have the same hull, similar decks, and different windshields. Never heard of Pro Cover. The rest, hell of a story if true.
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2022 at 11:37am
Responding slowly, family issues have kept me to busy to hit the internet lately.   I would like a new cover, I keep debating if I need the Heavy duty one you have for sale.   I will try and do some reading on this brand today and get back with you.  Thanks.  Mark
wkeith View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wkeith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2022 at 5:31pm
Sold
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2022 at 12:13am
Follow up, I purchased the cover from Wkeith, Walter did everything he should have.  The cover came in brand new in a sealed package as described but is about 3 foot short of covering my 1995 Ski Nautique.   The manufacturer says this is correct because the 95 has a different windshield than the 1990?   Stretched tight the cover was a little short of my back seat in length so did not even reach past my interior much less the rear sloped deck.  Windshield change or not I can’t see this cover fitting any NWZ hull.  Walter has been all over the manufacturer but no luck so far.  Walter did refund my purchase money so no complaints from me here just trying to verify facts.    I would think a good cover should reach the back of the fiberglass at least if not all the way over the rear swim deck.  Is the 90 windshield shorter./ lower than the 95?  Your Thoughts? 
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2022 at 7:30am
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

1990 and 1995 have the same hull, similar decks, and different windshields. Never heard of Pro Cover. The rest, hell of a story if true.

Here's a quote from Hollywood earlier in this thread

A little googling will tell you that Brent Fleming at Cover Source International gets some let's say, "mixed reviews" 

Walter sounds like a stand up guy, he gave you back your money, so I'd figure that you'd send the cover back and he can see how it fits his 90

It may be that it is only meant to go to just  beyond the back seat and has straps to hold it tightly stretched to the grab rail back there.

His covers fit tight, with a capital T Wink

It may also mean that a small difference in windshield height and/or location makes a big difference in how it fits.

Here's a picture of one of his covers on a 98 SN. Different hull than yours, but it shows the straps and should give you an idea how the 90 cover was probably meant to fit.

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2022 at 8:40am
Ken’s got it. The cover will appear short until tightened (which will be an ordeal if you haven’t done it before). It’ll only come to the top of the sloped transom on a NWZ. Before tightening it’ll barely reach the back seat. There is no room for variation in the pattern with how tight the cover fits, unlike a typical mooring cover… the windshield difference is probably a non-starter.
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2022 at 11:14am
Looks like you guys have nailed it.   I did not realize the cover was that short by design.  Interior protection only.
The windshield area of the cover is reinforced.  The reinforced area is about 6” short of reaching my windshield top so maybe the manufacturer is 100% correct.  Fits the early NWZ but not the later windshields.   The manufacturer says it fits 90-93 only.   If someone needs this one pay Walter and I will ship it direct to them.
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2022 at 11:37am
Here's a thread from a couple of years ago with what might be a Cover Source International cover for a slantback or a copy of one complete with pictures.

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2022 at 1:04pm
The windshield between 90-93 and 94-96 NWZ’s is in the same place, and the size pretty close to the same- but the shape (straight/flat vs curved) is different. There are other deck differences but they’re pretty subtle. I wouldn’t expect a 6” difference unless caused by the windshield corners. Are you sure you had it secured on the nose properly?
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2022 at 4:32pm
I pulled till I thought I was risking a tear trying to get it to fit at the windshield, it came up short..
The manufacturer states it won’t fit, I tend to agree with him now.   Thanks for the link Ken.
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2022 at 7:21am
Here's a link to a thread on PN with a video in post #11 on how to install one of these covers

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic