Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

raw water pump

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
audiodude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audiodude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: raw water pump
    Posted: July-03-2022 at 1:50pm
Happy 4th of July weekend!  Has anyone had any experience with the DJ Raw water pump listed on eBay.  My sherwood pump is looking like it needs to be rebuilt.  The major rebuild kit plus labor is more than the DJ pump which is made in South Korea so I was thinking about going that route.  Thanks and stay sake this weekend 

1989 Correct Craft 2001

In the words of Milton Berle: "You can lead a man to Congress but you can't make him think"
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2022 at 4:25pm
I believe KENO has a DJ pump installed on a boat.  Hopefully he will see this thread and respond with his personal experience.  

JQ
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2022 at 4:42pm
I believe he does as well. The weird thing about them is that the cam is cast in place they are not replaceable but who has ever replaced their cam? The thing I like about them having a salt water boat is that like the very old Sherwoods the bearing housing is cast bronze. The new cast iron Sherwoods rust bad.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2022 at 8:02pm
I believe he does as well Wink

It's got about a hundred hours on it with no issues.

A friend has one with about 50 ish hours and no issues.

Like Gary said, it has a bronze bearing housing and the cam isn't removable in the impeller housing.

It has 2 o rings instead of 1 o ring and a paper gasket 
audiodude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audiodude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2022 at 8:35pm
Thanks for the comments. I guess I will order one.  And don't judge me but it is a G-21 I need for my 1989 2Doulbe01 right?
1989 Correct Craft 2001

In the words of Milton Berle: "You can lead a man to Congress but you can't make him think"
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2022 at 10:30pm
Yes

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
ScottZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2022 at 2:11pm
There is a guy on Ebay rebuilding and selling them.  I think they are around $270.  My neighbor just got one.  You send him you old one after you receive the rebuilt one from him.

Scott Zuelzke
Lake Mitchell , AL

1984 Ski Nautique       
1972 Skier
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2022 at 5:30pm
Around a hundred in parts to do it yourself but you need a press- http://www.staycoolpumps.com/store/p53/Major_Repair_Kit_Replaces_Sherwood_12665_SS_Plate.html
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
audiodude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audiodude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2022 at 6:09pm
Thanks Scott I saw the bay listing but decided to go with the DJ.  Yes Gary $100 in parts, the press is the problem.  I have used various other tools when a press was needed but not so sure I would trust my backyard hacks to not strand me on the waterLOL 
1989 Correct Craft 2001

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic