NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Parting out 1984 Ski Nautique

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
ny_nautique View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ny_nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Parting out 1984 Ski Nautique
    Posted: June-29-2022 at 12:15am
Hello everyone. It's been a looong time since I posted here. I have a 1984 SN that I had always wanted to rebuild, but it just isn't going to happen. I am a happy owner of a beautiful 1999 SN and really don't need this project taking up any more space in my garage.

I pretty much have every part right now. The hull is empty as I removed everything to replace the stringers. The main and secondary stringers are in but not fiberglassed yet.

The engine is apart and at a rebuilder right now. I am going to ask for it back, as he has had it for 9 weeks and hasn't done anything yet. 

I have a good 351W block, a few sets of heads, 2 cranks, and most other block parts. I have every other engine part, but may decide to keep some of the key parts as backups for my 1999 engine.

I also have every other part of this boat at the moment - gas tank, pylon, rudder, engine mount, gauges, seats, engine cover, etc. I also have the original 1984 trailer. It works and is road-worthy and safe, but definitely needs a rebuild as the diamond plating is either gone or mostly rusted out. 

Let me know what you're looking for and I'll let you know if I have it. I will be out of town from July 1 through July 5th, so I may not respond to inquiries right away. When I get back I will start doing a more complete inventory, responding to inquiries, and posting pictures if requested. 

I am located in Albany, NY.

EDIT: Google photos shared album here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/Znv89DuMEAvaa3Jb9

- Jeff
1999 Ski Nautique
Andrewracoon View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrewracoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2022 at 11:40pm
Do you have the speedo pickups? And also a tach?

Thanks
jeff513 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeff513 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2022 at 8:25am
windshield still have it 
brhillman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brhillman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2022 at 12:07pm
I’m looking for a Morse MV-2 throttle/shift control with the neutral lockout; 1) do you still have the control assembly, and 2) does it have the neutral lockout collar? Not sure if the 84s had the MV-1 or MV-2. Thanks!
ScottZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2022 at 5:35pm
Someone needs to step up and buy the whole thing and put this boat back together.  You have a head start if the old floor and foam have already been removed.  If it was closer to AL I would get it.
Scott Zuelzke
Lake Mitchell , AL

1984 Ski Nautique       
1972 Skier
wayoutthere View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wayoutthere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-01-2022 at 9:24am
Originally posted by ScottZ ScottZ wrote:

Someone needs to step up and buy the whole thing and put this boat back together.  You have a head start if the old floor and foam have already been removed.  If it was closer to AL I would get it.

I'll second this, plus add the floor stringers and foam removed (and disposed of) is huge.

Can you put a price on it ? Tow it away with all parts including engine/pylon mount   but minus engine 

gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-01-2022 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by wayoutthere wayoutthere wrote:

I'll second this, plus add the floor stringers and foam removed (and disposed of) is huge.

Can you put a price on it ? Tow it away with all parts including engine/pylon mount   but minus engine 

May be worth it if you wanted to keep it, to much labor to make it worth it for a flip.  IMHO
wayoutthere View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wayoutthere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2022 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by gun-driver gun-driver wrote:

May be worth it if you wanted to keep it, to much labor to make it worth it for a flip.  IMHO

I agree, while i like the 16 skier/mustang and the 70's nautique/tigue lines the best (very pt boatish).
Never was my intention to sell the 79, it came down to a personal reason, in fact i sold it for how much the receipts added up to, and didn't make dime one it. Wanted to keep it, personal reason that's that.
It was so much fun to drive and a pleasure to load launch tow store and wash that i want another.

No engine all other parts accounted for, needs fiberglass and gel sounds great. 
Perfect candidate for a chevy/mercruiser closed cooled upgrade etc.

Let it play out, need a year to make something else happen then i'll be chomping at the bit for another.
Meanwhile it doesn't hurt to ask how much w/out the engine.

NeilMcG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeilMcG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2022 at 11:24pm
Is the RWP available?

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ny_nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2022 at 11:25pm
Hi Andrew,
Yes, I have them. I am still out of town and on a lake so I won't be able to look at anything until Sunday. The gauge cluster is still in the boat in my garage and under white plastic so I'll have to take a look at it and get you pics. 

Originally posted by Andrewracoon Andrewracoon wrote:

Do you have the speedo pickups? And also a tach?

Thanks
- Jeff
1999 Ski Nautique
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ny_nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2022 at 11:25pm
Hi Jeff,
Yes, I have it. I am still out of town and on a lake so I won't be able to look at anything until Sunday. I can send pictures if you'd like. 

Originally posted by jeff513 jeff513 wrote:

windshield still have it 
- Jeff
1999 Ski Nautique
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ny_nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2022 at 11:26pm
I'll have to check on Sunday. I am still out of town and on a lake so I won't be able to look at anything until Sunday. I will send pics if you'd like. 

Originally posted by brhillman brhillman wrote:

I’m looking for a Morse MV-2 throttle/shift control with the neutral lockout; 1) do you still have the control assembly, and 2) does it have the neutral lockout collar? Not sure if the 84s had the MV-1 or MV-2. Thanks!
- Jeff
1999 Ski Nautique
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ny_nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2022 at 11:27pm
I'm not sure yet. I'm pretty sure it's the same one I have in my 1999 so I may keep it as a spare.

Originally posted by NeilMcG NeilMcG wrote:

Is the RWP available?

- Jeff
1999 Ski Nautique
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ny_nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2022 at 11:28pm

Originally posted by gun-driver gun-driver wrote:

I agree, while i like the 16 skier/mustang and the 70's nautique/tigue lines the best (very pt boatish).
Never was my intention to sell the 79, it came down to a personal reason, in fact i sold it for how much the receipts added up to, and didn't make dime one it. Wanted to keep it, personal reason that's that.
It was so much fun to drive and a pleasure to load launch tow store and wash that i want another.

No engine all other parts accounted for, needs fiberglass and gel sounds great. 
Perfect candidate for a chevy/mercruiser closed cooled upgrade etc.

Let it play out, need a year to make something else happen then i'll be chomping at the bit for another.
Meanwhile it doesn't hurt to ask how much w/out the engine.

If someone wants to make an offer for the whole thing.. I'll entertain it. It's a complete rebuild though. I do have the engine... it's just not with me as the builder still has it. They have cleaned up the block and heads and that's it. 
- Jeff
1999 Ski Nautique
wsavini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wsavini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2022 at 8:05pm
Hi do you have any tracking fins?
NeilMcG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeilMcG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2022 at 8:23pm
I need a pair of mufflers if you still have them.
412-605-4030
Matt97sport View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt97sport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2022 at 5:45pm
Do you have the spotter seat hinges? Also interested in the pylon ring.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ny_nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2022 at 11:16am
Hello to everyone that responded. The boat is now out of my garage and on the trailer so I finally have access to all of the parts. I'll be getting back to everyone in the next few days, or by Sunday at the latest. 

I will post more images here as well. 
- Jeff
1999 Ski Nautique
Lil’Nauti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lil’Nauti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2022 at 9:38am
Hi. What speedos are in the boat? Do they work?

Joanie
1982 Ski Nautique 2001
wsavini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wsavini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2022 at 10:02am
I asked you earlier in the post if you had a tracking fin? Just following up. Ty
AZ86SKI View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AZ86SKI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2022 at 2:48pm
I have a 1986 and I am looking for the following items if they are available for sale:

1. The hinges for the rear bench seat.
2. The teak slats that slide into the steps on the sides (I need 4 but I will take what you have).
3. The anti-siphon valve that attaches to the top of the fuel tank. I have attached a photo of the one I need if it is complete.

Thanks and let me know.

DRIFTWOOD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DRIFTWOOD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2022 at 3:13pm
Do you sstill have the windsheild,  if so how much?
JEFF MARKS
DRIFTWOOD MARINE
HENDERSONVILLE, NC 28792
828-685-1313
DRIFTWOOD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DRIFTWOOD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2022 at 3:13pm
want frame and all

JEFF MARKS
DRIFTWOOD MARINE
HENDERSONVILLE, NC 28792
828-685-1313
Fl Inboards View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fl Inboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2022 at 8:40am
Fins still available?
Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

1993 Shamrock "fat" 20. 2008 Nautique 196 5.0
wsavini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wsavini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2022 at 8:43am
I’ve asked that twice with no answer!
ScottZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2022 at 12:00pm
I have a tracking fin or 2 I will sell.

Scott Zuelzke
Lake Mitchell , AL

1984 Ski Nautique       
1972 Skier
wsavini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wsavini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2022 at 12:03pm
I’m looking for one. How much?
wsavini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wsavini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2022 at 12:11pm
Where do I send $
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ny_nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2022 at 2:11pm
Hey guys. I still don't have everything out of my attic. I will try to post more pictures soon. Yes, the fins and everything else is still available, however there are a few people that messaged me about purchasing the whole boat, and I will give them priority first. 

Here is a shared Google Photos album:

- Jeff
1999 Ski Nautique
DRIFTWOOD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DRIFTWOOD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2022 at 2:42pm
Really would like the windshield,  when will you know if i can buy it,
JEFF MARKS
DRIFTWOOD MARINE
HENDERSONVILLE, NC 28792
828-685-1313
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic