NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Passing of KyTom

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Passing of KyTom
    Posted: June-28-2022 at 11:04am
It is with a Heavy Heart that I pass along the sad news of our friend, barefooter and longtime CCFan family member....KyTom! Cry

He was on his way to pick up his wife Karen two hours away who was at her Mom's when went on to play on a Golden Pond where there is never ending glass is always in front of him. She saw him leave the house via the ring doorbell and knew what time to expect him. He never showed up so she knew something was wrong. Tried calling and texting him and got nothing. Borrowing her moms car, she traveled the route he would have taken to go look for him (recently had her wrist operated on) and made the 2 hour trek without seeing him or his truck. Called the local sheriff  (she's a PT Deputy) who had Onstar ping his location and went to where they said he was. No sign of him. Searched the surrounding area and finally found him in the truck down in a ravine with nothing but a scratch on his arm. Glasses still on his face so it is assumed he stopped the truck as he was in trouble had a heart attack then as he passed his foot came off the brake and the truck rolled down into the ravine. Karen went right by him but obviously didn't see him.CryCryCry

He loved this site and the many friends he made here and Every time you saw him he had an old faded worn out blue CCFan reunion hat from 09 that was essentially white from years of use and being in the sun on his head. He didn't say a whole lot but when he did, it was quick witted and went straight for the knockout punch when he did. He was a great guy and always fun to be around mainly because you didn't want to miss his Jeff Foxworthy Zingers. He will be sadly missed and the memories I have of him are many. Those of you who knew him know what I'm talking about. Prayers for his wife Karen are needed during this difficult time. I asked her permission to see if she'd like me to mention him here and she responded with... That would be great! Thanks Bud,

God Speed KyTom and Kytom2. We'll meet again on calm waters and never ending loud boats. Thank you for the many laffs and the Zingers mostly at my own expense, I'll be sure to have a BudLight in your honor and memory. Cheers to you Tom! Beer You will be missed my brother!

"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2022 at 11:47am
So sad for those left behind; Prayers for his family - May Tom's memory be eternal!   
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2022 at 12:51pm
Sorry for your loss Morfoot, after seeing some struggle for years with tough illness it make me think your buddy Tom left in a good way, happy healthy and then moving quickly on.   I have lost 4 friends this way in the past few years, 59, 61, 62 and 63 years old.   It is far too young to move on and hard on the loved ones for sure.
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2022 at 2:24pm
I met Tom and Karen several years ago - despite their choice of collegiate basketball teams they were always fun to be around. Wink

The emotional roller coaster that Karen must be on is unimaginable.....please keep her in your thoughts and remember every day is a gift and we should be thankful for
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
65 'cuda View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 65 'cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2022 at 6:57pm
Prayers for Karen, and many fond memories with Tom, from monsoon rains at Percy Priest, to barefooting behind his beautiful BFN.

A true gentleman, he will be missed but not forgotten.
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2022 at 8:52am
 Got a message from KyKaren this morning who asked me to post this here...........

Thanks Foot for the Post about Tom ! This looks great as I'm reading it and the responses through the tears.
I just don't know what to say about the situation but even though the miles keep us apart; this group is a great bunch of friends who have turned into family.Heart 

I will see him one final time on this earth this morning as we both have chosen to be cremated. The service will be Saturday and hopefully I can bring a small part of him to Lake X party with his closest friends and leave him there in our second heaven. (KY being #1)
Love You All! Heart
Karen
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2022 at 9:10am
Just FYI
Visitation/Celebration of life will be Saturday July 2 from 5-8 PM at Knox & Brothers funeral home in Maysville KY.

Godspeed my friend!
Greg

86 BFN
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2022 at 3:25pm
Amazing how many Close friends Dana and I have made over the years from this website.  

We met Tom at what was probably the first Green Lake Reunion a looong time ago with his sidekick Greg (Skicat) LOL.  Maybe it was the other way around but Greg I know you guys were close and besides Karen you're the first person I thought about.  My heart truly aches for you and everyone that Tom touched.  He was just such a unique guy, I don't believe I ever saw anything but a smile on his face.  

Generous to a fault, when ever I have a bite of Deer jerky or a shot of Moonshine it will be in Tom's memory... and I will smile.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2022 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

I don't believe I ever saw anything but a smile on his face.

Ain’t that the truth. Huge loss.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2022 at 9:40am
Awful news. Sorry to all that were close to him. I share in Alan's sentiments. RIP Tom...
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic