Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Quick drain oil hose

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
NeilMcG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeilMcG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Quick drain oil hose
    Posted: June-27-2022 at 9:25pm
Anyone have experience fabricating a DIY oil drain hose? One would think the attachments are basic plumbing fittings, but I'm not sure of bolt/pipe thread relationships so i looked quite comical at home depot ~dazed and confused.

Neil...otherwise known as "Bellagio Boy" (thanks Keno.)

MourningWood View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MourningWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2022 at 9:31pm
Well... the 'banjo' fitting that sandwiches between the drain hole in the oil pan and the adapter bolt could be a bit tricky...
I should think that for $45 you can buy a complete kit (from Discount Inboard Marine).
Maybe easier...
1994 Ski Nautique "Riot"
1964 Dunphy X-55 "One 'N Dun"

'I measured twice, cut three times, and it's still too short!"
NeilMcG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeilMcG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2022 at 9:57pm
Thanks. That's probably what I'll end up doing. Eliminate the headaches too.
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2022 at 10:38pm
Neil,
I have one I can part with.
NeilMcG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeilMcG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2022 at 10:45pm
You're the man!
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2022 at 6:23am
Originally posted by NeilMcG NeilMcG wrote:

Anyone have experience fabricating a DIY oil drain hose? One would think the attachments are basic plumbing fittings, but I'm not sure of bolt/pipe thread relationships so i looked quite comical at home depot ~dazed and confused.

Neil...otherwise known as "Bellagio Boy" (thanks Keno.)

That could also just be BB for short..............and you're welcome Wink

You might as well get the one from "the man"

Your 78 will have 1/2-20 threads in the oil pan and in the mid 80's Ford changed to M14x1.5  metric threads, so make sure his kit has the right threads or you might still  be dazed and confused 

if it was for his 85 SN, you should be in luck.
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2022 at 8:38am
Yea it’s from the ‘85, I’m pretty sure it’s 1/2 x 20 UNF. 

I know the GT-40’s are 14 x.1.5,  I’ll check it when I get home and scrounge it out of my parts supply.
NeilMcG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeilMcG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2022 at 1:45pm
Big shout out to Gun Driver for turning me on to Fumoto's oil petcock drain plug. It's the best solution for oil changes I've ever seen.
Thanks Paul

Fumoto.com

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic