Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Newb with Question on Boat speakers

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
SeafarerJoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeafarerJoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Newb with Question on Boat speakers
    Posted: June-23-2022 at 12:11pm
I need to replace the factory speakers on my '97. I believe that they are 6.5" units.

I know this will be a loaded question, but are there any 6.5" speakers you would recommend? They've all got pros and cons. I'm not trying to produce sound that can be heard by a skier or by the crew in the boat at WOT. I'm looking for decent quality sound during breaks and cruising along at slower speeds. Assume that I'm going with a head unit producing 100W peak/channel and not using an amp if that helps.

Thanks!
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2022 at 1:36pm
I like the Polk 6.5’s that I have in my Sport I also had a set of them in my ‘95.

With that said, you can’t go wrong with Alpine or any of the other top manufacturers. Sounds like you’re like me and just want basic sound while floating or putting around, I would look at price more than name.
SeafarerJoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeafarerJoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2022 at 11:04am
Thank you so much for the answer man! yeah I'll just stick to my budget, but I don't mind to pay more if the quality is somewhat better. Now after checking some options online I see nicely priced 200-350W units...so I am thinking if 100W is still a good idea. Also would I need to add an amplifier or anything else to hook up louder speakers?
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-01-2022 at 1:15pm
Like I mentioned I’m just a basic stereo guy, guess it depends on your head unit and how much noise you want to produce.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic