Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Flying deep start barefoot

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Ginovv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ginovv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Flying deep start barefoot
    Posted: June-22-2022 at 5:20am
hi guys

last year got my deep water starts pretty decent and tmorrow I want to try a flying deep water start from the dock.
There were no hits on this forum, and also on google/youtube I couldn't find anything tutorial or expllanation.

Is it that simple that it doesn't require a tutorial? I mean there are video's on how to use a screwdriver....

Can anyone share me some tips on how to pull off a succesful flying deepy Tongue?

Thanks

Gino van Vroonhoven

NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2022 at 7:17am
You will get many opinions on how to complete this start.  For me (and how I learned this) is as follows.  I will highlight some key points as best as I can.
.1. Talk with your driver and make sure you are on the same page on what your expectations are and when / how the start / acceleration should go.
2.  If possible (and the dock allows for) I like to have 3-4 coils of rope in my left hand and hold them high enough for the driver to see them as they roll out from the dock
3.  I typically like to be about 6-8' back from the docks edge so as the driver rolls out the coils become tight I have a couple of quick steps to take before launching off the dock.
4.  As I launch from the dock I am telling the driver to Hit It 
5.  Important step here is that you keep the rope as tight as you can and the handle to the bottom of your zipper with the rope between your feet.
6. The driver should hesitate just a moment before accelerating after you say Hit It to allow for you to get in proper position in the water.

Overall the start is not much different than a deep water start but just looks like it is.  Like most things in barefooting, you and your driver simply need to be in sync 

One important step which you want to make sure you don't do is if you miss the start do not let go of the handle with your feet on the rope of the top of your feet will end up changing to a nice purple color from a handle strike.

You can google Lake Norman New Years Day Barefoot Challenge and see different types of starts or as always reach out to Lane Bowers for some tips.

Good Luck and post some videos for us.
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2022 at 7:51pm
Yes. What Greg said is great advice. 
2004 196 LE Ski 1969 Marauder 19 1978 Ski
fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2022 at 7:51pm
Oh and it is a crowd pleaser for sure!
2004 196 LE Ski 1969 Marauder 19 1978 Ski
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2022 at 8:05pm
Here are a couple views of the same start that might give you an idea.

One disclaimer.  Follow everything greg said above, including part about it being a coordinated combination of driver and skier.  I had an inexperienced driver, hence, the tight rope on the leap.  I would prefer to have the rope spool out, and at a point with just a bit of slack left, tell the driver to hit it and then leap.  Here the rope was a little too tight a little too early.

Ginovv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ginovv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2022 at 6:09am
Hi guys!

I havent read any other comments except from Greg. Which was spot-on!
First attempt and succesful!

I let someone film it, least I could do to return the favor!
Thanks!! What a awesome feeling!

https://youtu.be/YJc6vFGhNNo
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2022 at 8:25am
well done ClapClap
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2022 at 2:17pm
Nicely done. Piece-o-cake.
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2022 at 8:07am
Good one! Clap
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic