Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1986 2001 trailer fitment

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
02Air View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 02Air Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1986 2001 trailer fitment
    Posted: June-12-2022 at 2:43pm
I grew up skiing and riding behind an 1986 2001. Dad still owns the boat and has decided it’s time to replace the rusty trailer.

I have identified a cheap 79 Nautique on Craigslist that comes with what seems to be a decent trailer. Both boats show as 18’, but i know there are differences in the hull. Does anybody have experience with moving a 2001 onto a trailer that a 79 nautique would fit on? The trailer is a single axle marked “DHM trailer”, it has a winch but no boards for the nose to dock into such as on the original nautique trailer.

Alternatively he would prefer an original Nautique trailer if anybody has a lead on one out west. He is located in the Sacramento area but willing to travel for the right trailer. Single or double axle would be fine, happy to install new bearings and tires but not interested in swapping this rusty trailer for a less rusty trailer!
mrhemi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrhemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2022 at 6:31pm
Just how crusty is it? A 1982 CC trailer is a nice rig. Would a sand blast and repaint / refurbishment be feasible?
You know you are getting to be vintage when someone says "Back in the day..." and you can dispute their facts.

Mr. Mike.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic