Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Reawakening.. of a 65 Mustang SS

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
65stang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 65stang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2022 at 7:43pm
I'm not positive but I'm pretty sure gasoline is not supposed to look like this..

Anyone know whether this might possibly be an original tank? Or where I get another stern side badge? (Port side got lost on the highway trip home Angry)

KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2022 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by 65stang 65stang wrote:

Hollywood, how does one change a topic title? I feel dumb.

if you go back to your first post in this thread and click on "post options" and then click on "edit post", the first block at the top of the page that comes up says "subject".

You can change the words in that block to anything you want

Then click on "update post" at the bottom of the page and voila you edited the title. (or click on "preview " first to make sure you got it right)

Make it something catchy and clever Wink

It only works for the person who started the thread or one of them moderator types.
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2022 at 10:26pm
Find someone local that makes their own diesel fuel, they can turn that old gas into diesel.,   I got rid of 44 gallons that way last year.   The recycle places wanted about $7 per gallon to take it from me.
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2022 at 12:24pm
I wonder if 65 stang has vanished or something?

Rumor Control Central says that he didn't make a drive to Minnesota for a windshield Wink
65stang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 65stang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2022 at 4:05pm
Sorry friends, got sidetracked by my basement renovation. Yes I started a house project and a boat project at the same time! Ouch

Don’t worry KENO, the trip may still be in the works. Talked to Chucky a few weeks ago and awaiting some pics and measurements. Thanks again for connecting us.

Hoping to have some updates for y'all and more pics soon, engine removal is next as I continue the lovely chore of foam excavation.
65stang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 65stang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2022 at 8:10pm
Originally posted by KENO KENO wrote:

How'd I do KENO, Hollywood? (Thx)

65stang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 65stang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2022 at 8:27pm

The boat gods may be smiling on me.. I found some NOS on our friends website. IDK is Fiberglassics a bad word around here? LOLLOL

Not to leave this comment entirely in obscurity wrapped in enigma for any readers out there. I asked his permission first. Check in with Brian, really good dude. For the record, he wanted me to be clear: he does not have anything on hand specifically CC but literally a metric ****ton of vintage/classic time-period pieces of all types. Apparently he was lucky enough to buy out an old boat shop many moons ago. I'd link him but their site appears to be down. Will followup. PM me for his contact. 
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2022 at 8:58pm
I see no one answered your side script post,the ones you need are the chrome old style like on my boat below. One of the guy's here was making them but I don't know if he had any left,it's been quite awhile ago.

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
65stang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 65stang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2022 at 9:19pm
Thanks Gary S! I had a suspicion the originals would not have been cheap plastic like I have currently (held on with non-stainless fasteners to boot). Thumbs Down

Whomever was making these please reply here or PM, I'm in dire need, obviously..
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2022 at 6:46am
I have a few pairs, email me: TRBenj@gmail.com
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2022 at 6:53am

Originally posted by KENO KENO wrote:

How'd I do KENO, Hollywood? (Thx)

It's an improvement Wink
65stang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 65stang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2022 at 4:00pm
Well hope everyone is having a fantastic 4th of July holiday weekend. I'm still hoping to share some pics of engine removal before the work week returns, the weather had other plans today. In the meantime, here's some progress pics.. We've got rusted out motor mount bolts, a fully soaked rear rib, rotted exhaust, a wiring splice not even a mother could love, 1 small block ford ready for extraction and lest we forget - organize your hardware people! Oh my! Tongue

65stang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 65stang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-05-2022 at 7:16pm
As promised, more pics! Hull became "independent" of engine after the parade and before the fireworks. All my helpers bailed so I decided to take care of this small task myself Embarrassed

Easy peasy lemon squeezy!

65stang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 65stang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2022 at 7:00pm
Relocated the boat and cover for better access and so that it will be in my way until I finish.. Annoyance is an excellent motivator.

Progress? I keep telling my self I'm getting so close to putting this puppy back together. In reality were still just in cleanup mode. That's ok I can see the tunnel, pretty sure there's a light at the end. Really hoping to get the stringers out in one piece for a template. 

In the event that someone going through the same debacle reads this: My favorite tools at this moment are not a claw hammer or the pry bar or the shovel. They are my multi-max and my hammer drill with angled chisel bit. My goodness what a blessing that hammer drill is! Not just for concrete demolition anymore (ie concurrent house project), it's literally surgical on this foam and fiberglass. Oh and my cold beverage.. Very important. That last pic is my third bucket so far. Shocked

stepper459 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stepper459 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2022 at 7:45am
I have to admit when I read that you had soft floors, I thought for sure you'd end up where you are now. 

It's great to see this boat getting this attention, I spent a lot of time in a '66 [not sure whether it was a Mustang or Barracuda] and I loved that boat. It had the center console shifters and a Chrysler engine, and it was the same maroon color. It wasn't mine, which perhaps made it even better. 
All boats are sinking, it's just a matter of how quickly.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic