Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2001 SN 196 - Dash Panel

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
tommyskis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyskis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2001 SN 196 - Dash Panel
    Posted: March-28-2022 at 7:30pm
Hi everyone.

I recently purchased a 2001(year) Ski Nautique 196 that has had a pretty hard life as an ex club boat.
There are a few things that need tidying up, but first off I'm trying to hunt down is the main dash panel that holds the gauges.
Have tried all the usual after market websites, but everywhere seems out of stock.
Not much on offer down here in New Zealand either haha.
Any help would be greatly appreciated - or any other dash parts you might have for sale.

Cheers,
Tom.
aupatking View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aupatking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2022 at 12:33am
Hey Tom,
That’s a great boat! I hope you get it up and going. It sounds like the part you are looking for is the “Dash Pod”. All I’m seeing for that one is “no longer available”. Is there anything left of whet the boat came with? Your best bet may be to get a mold made by a good fiberglass guy
02 SN 196 TSC2 ZO
01 SN 196 TSC1
98 SN 196 TSC1
97 SN 196 TSC1
93 SN 196 NWZ
tommyskis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyskis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2022 at 1:36am
Thanks for the reply.
It sure is a great boat. Runs like a dream but it's just a little worn haha.
The dash pod is fine, just some of the other plastic parts have cracked/broken.
I should have included this in my original post.

https://www.nautiqueparts.com/product/panel-upper-gauge-2001-2002-boats-rust-or-wood-grain/

Was hoping someone may have one stashed away.
I'll more than likely be making one, but I thought I'd see what was out there first.
aupatking View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aupatking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2022 at 2:15am
I have an 02 that Already had a PCM Excalibur engine that I converted to Zero Off that I use all the time and an 01 that I’m currently doing a Ford GT40 to GM Excalibur and Zero Off conversion. If I can ever get back to it, i’ll Pull the dash pod off and can trace the gauge panel for you, but seeing as you’re in New Zealand, it’s probably faster for you to do it yourself. You can get plastic wood grain panels pretty easily here in the states. I’d just make one. Now that I think of it, I may do that in my project boat.
02 SN 196 TSC2 ZO
01 SN 196 TSC1
98 SN 196 TSC1
97 SN 196 TSC1
93 SN 196 NWZ
tommyskis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyskis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2022 at 3:34am
Haha yeah, I will do it myself. I just gotta not be so lazy.
I'm sure there will be more parts that I need to make so I might as well do it all at once during the winter.
Good luck with your project! Sounds like fun.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic