NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Who Has Had the "VID"

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who Has Had the "VID"
    Posted: January-28-2022 at 1:28pm
Everyone at the Quest Compound tested "positive" for COVID this week. All fully-vaccinated.  Damn.  I feel like a truck hit me.  I was patting myself on the back, previously, for having escaped the "VID".  No more.

I'm now a statistic.

How are y'all doing?

JQ
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
rebel skier View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebel skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2022 at 4:21pm
I got it in September right as I was making some progress getting back into the slalom course.  Really only felt bad for 2 days, but had a 3 week cough that got worse anytime I exerted myself.  

I rode to the lake to help friends buy a boat.  Both fully vaccinated.  The wife got it first, then the husband, then me.  

"Breakthrough" my arss.  

Hopefully you will feel up to doing your usual activities by the end of the weekend.  Hope you don't get the cough I got, nor lose taste and smell (I avoided that).

I am surrounded by people like you who currently have it.  2 of 10 not in my class last night because of it.  
Hotty Toddy lets go skiing!
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2022 at 8:06pm
I got it from the Mrs who got it from the neighbors who got it from their kids. They were all vaxxed and she and I have not. Best part was she got it 2 days before Christmas. Holiday cancelled for us with family for obvious reasons. I tested Pos on 12 -26. Had a slight headache for about 3 days and low energy levels. Felt like I was running about 60%. 3 hours after waking up after 9 hours of good sleep. I was taking a nap. That lasted about 4 days. Took a total of about 10 days to get back to normal. Did get the cough as mentioned above and its still hanging round. Could be the colder temps we're getting down south but I'm blaming Rona for it.   

Definitely making the rounds as several guys in my shop got it as well as my neighbors. Some vaxxed with the booster some not. My experience locally is that those who got the Jab have been hit worse than those who didn't. All seem to have the same symptoms but a few have had a sore throat. If you've ever had strep throat that's what they said they thought they had.

What really sucks is that we had 70'F temps Christmas and New Years and I couldn't ski behind the new 99' I got before I got the bug. No energy to even go plus finding a driver wasnt gonna happen because I was "Unclean"!

"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2022 at 9:52pm
Covid free since 83

Channeling my inner todicus
67 ski nat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 ski nat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2022 at 10:23am
I’m in construction. No stay home, or work from home for me. Last 2 years everyday outside, everyday restaurant
No stupid mask
Finally got it last month, omicron
The least I’ve ever felt sick, one symptom at a time.
Everyone on the planet will get this
We should have let the 1-60 year olds go about life and lockdown the older and compromised
I do not believe the government will ever be able to trick us again
Boycott Olympics
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2022 at 1:03pm
I have five friends that are dead now because of COVID.  Another that has been in the hospital twice, first for 6 weeks and then 7 months later for another 3 week stay,  They do not hospitalize you unless you are close to dead.   She is only 58 years old and her and her boyfriend are anti Vax.  The first 3 died before vaccines were available, the others are anti Vax people.   A fellow from work is married and had 2 children ages 8 and 4.  He got Covid and Died, his wife got it at the same time and lived but had a stroke and is basically brain dead.  COVID caused blood clots, they were not friends but people we knew, who will raise the kids and explain how intelligent it was to avoid the vaccines to their kids?
I am 64, a buddy my age that I played ball with for many years, was in comprarable shape to me, not an out of shape couch potato.  He got it. Before vaccines were out, thought it was just a cold, it got worse so he went to the hospital and was dead a week later.  Two weeks from healthy to dead.   
Maybe you are far more lucky than I and have not lost anyone.   I got the vaccine just as soon as I could.
Yes, I also know several people that got Covid and survived, some had mild cases some were much worse.   One had it Thanksgiving a year ago and is just now starting to regain the sense of smell and finally has her energy back.   One last one, a friend that is 25, a personal trainer and in fantastic shape, better than 95% of the people in this world.  He got COVID, was in bed for two weeks, said he really thought he would die every day, said he would go to the bathroom and it would take 2 hours to catch his breath after the bathroom trip.  He told me this first hand and he had COVID before vaccines were available.   I have no idea why it affects some more than others but I know first hand it is not just the weak getting COVID and not surviving.   My dad got it at 94 years old, he had all three shots, he was sick about a week with no more than a bad cold.   Don’t know if he would have died without the vaccine but I am glad he is still with us.
I don’t know anyone that died after getting the vaccine so I fully support it and I have voted republican for 40 years.  This is not about  politics.
fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2022 at 1:51pm
Touchy subject for sure.  I had it Nov of 2020. No taste or smell for 10 days felt very lethargic.  Had no choice but to go to work as the cattle need feed everyday.  I was fortunate enough to be able to function in everyday life. Waited the required time to get the vaccine and was down and out for a day after.  Got the second shot and same thing.  My wife slept in the same bed and our life didn’t change much and she never did get it. She got vaccinated and boosters as well.  While in Palm Springs earlier this month staying with friends we all ended up with the omicron deal. That was much less. More like a cold. Personally I am not for the mask thing for various reasons. We have had friends and acquaintances die from it as well and I will never make light of that but all had pre existing conditions. Some were fully vaxed and boosted. I also realize that is not the case for everyone. I am ready to move on from it-just so it gets ready and moves on……..
2004 196 LE Ski 1969 Marauder 19 1978 Ski
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2022 at 3:28am
My wife got it four days ago and is recovering from mild symptoms such as light fever, caughing and feeling dead tired after a small effort.
She's had the two first vaccines and was scheduled for the booster. No need for that anymore since she has antibodies now.
I tested negative yesterday.

Vaccination or anti-vax: I respect everybodies choice. I had no choice as a military, for no vaccination means no exercises, missions abroad and what not. And I do love my job.

I got my booster vaccine on december 8th and have (blood)diarrhea since december nine... Scheduled for a camera up my *** tomorrow for further examination since no drugs have solved the problem. Nor my two blood tests nor my stool samples showed anything alarming according to my doctor.

- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2022 at 5:56am
I have tested positive 2 times (September of 2020 and December of 2020). Both times zero symptoms although my wife had it in late August of 2020 and had many symptoms other than loss of taste.

I know of many who have had the virus and their symptoms and health impacts vary widely regardless of physical condition.
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
pjsmoreno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pjsmoreno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2022 at 8:35am

I’m a facility manager at our local high school with 2,000 students attending this school year. We have been racking up 50 to 60 positive cases within our building each week for the past 4-5 weeks. Twenty percent of my staff have been out due to Covid. I am vaccinated with a booster. Yes, I’m tired of masking up daily. I have to say I still haven’t caught anything even when it was in my home. I to have lost friends/family due to this. Tuff times people but it will all come to the end, we just need to ride the storm out a little longer. For me I still have our boat to escape ths dilemma.  

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 ski nat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2022 at 9:52am
No doubt a bad virus, feel bad for the folks China killed. Planned Plandemic
In California they locked us down , closed business
And then the governor went to dinner with 40 doctors, no masks during height of delta
That’s all you needed to know
If you let government they will lock you in home, close your business, force a vaccine, torture school children with no school, mask mandates. Teenagers commit suicide
That’s the problem. BS
The age demographic dying and percentage of dead in population does not warrant the government overreaching
Hansel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hansel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2022 at 11:37am
**Edit/TLDR: Haven’t gotten it. No shame if you have, unless you are helping the virus spread.

The last two years of my professional life, as a scientific government contractor and now in the biotech industry, have been almost completely focused on SARS-CoV-2. The virus continues to baffle and surprise even expert virologists and epidemiologists. So far I've been able to personally avoid it, and know relatively few people (none in my family) who have tested positive. Many others are not so lucky, and I too know people who have had close
family and friends either fall gravely ill or pass away due to an infection, including some who were by all accounts and measures very healthy people beforehand. I am “lucky” enough to work remotely and have largely been avoiding social gathering outside of a pretty small group of people (mostly family) who are on the same page as my wife and I.

I don't enjoy living like this, and and am really looking forward to the day when things return to a sense of normal. I say "sense" because COVID will probably be a watershed moment similar to 9/11. Health screenings, mask wearing, lockdowns, supply chain problems... I believe most of these things will continue sporadically around the world and those of us with ~20+ years of life expectancy left should plan for something like this to happen again. Maybe next time it will be the flu, or SARS-CoV-2 will mutate, or possibly a completely unknown virus will jump from animals to people and then bang...

There is a lot of blame, and credit, to go around for our leaders who on the whole have done a very poor job either by policy or example. The US is rich enough, and supposedly smart enough, to have avoided the outcome we are now living. I would love to hear from Lewy about his experience in Austrialia which from everything I gather has done a MUCH better job than we. Unfortunately our nation (and indeed nearly all nations) has never actually been serious about understanding or combating the virus, so we've gotten the worst of both worlds; poorly implemented/followed non-therapeutic interventions (e.g., "lockdowns", mask mandates, etc.) causing immense disruption to people's lives and livelihoods WITHOUT the benefit of stopping the disease. And a bunch of finger pointing to boot. Because many people won't (or can't) get tested, mask up, social distance when virus abounds, and get vaccinated/boosted we now live in a country where a thousands of people are dying every week of a largely preventable disease, and many more may suffer after effects for a very long time.

I am glad for those of you who've tested positive didn't end up in the hospital, or worse. But all of us have to stop thinking about this virus as something that I fight and approach it as something that WE fight. I can test, boost, and mask up all day long but if my neighbors don't that doesn't do me much good. All of us have to think about the virus like the virus it is; it needs hosts. More easy hosts = more virus = more sick/dead. Every new infection allows the virus to potentially spread further, so it does actually matter to ME what YOU do to #1 prevent infection and #2 stop the spread if you do get it. No man is an island.

Please think about all the people who are tired of the pandemic for a very different reason; they are in danger because they are immune compromised, or have cancer, or have some other underlying condition that puts them at high risk. Or children too young to get vaccinated and completely at the mercy of everyone around them. Imagine what it is like for them to hear that folks don't want to get the vaccine (some of them cannot), or wear a mask, or do much of anything to stop a virus that puts their health and lives at great risk. A very wise man once commanded us to “Love thy neighbor as thyself." Many people would do well to reflect on what that means in these "COVID times."
"The only prudence in fishermen is that designed to set the stage for taking yet another, and perhaps a longer, chance." -Aldo Leopold
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2022 at 1:07pm
Very well written Hansel, you should publish your note.
rebel skier View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebel skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2022 at 3:56pm
I don't pickup judgement at all from your post, Hansel. I hope your work helps us beat this virus.  

I do work with people who have had the luxury of being fully remote and on zoom for 2 years now. The comments I have heard from some of my university peers about people who have gotten covid have really really irked me.  Talk about looking down on your neighbors!  I have family members in nursing home care and food service.  They worked the full covid.  Covid hit our home before there were vaccines.  It now has hit 2 of us vaccinated mask wearing people a 2nd time, which is why I find the word "breakthrough" to be double speak.  You can do everything "right" and still get covid.  Omnicron has humbled some of the people I work with. 
Hotty Toddy lets go skiing!
Hansel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hansel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2022 at 4:31pm

Thanks rebel, I am definitely NOT judging. Most people have, in their own minds, very good reasons to do what they do. Unless I have evidence of bad faith, I don't believe folks are doing things any differently than I would given the same experience, background, and beliefs. COVID is just underscoring how confusing, scary, and combustible a situation becomes when many of the people we depend on to lead us don't really care about anyone but themselves and everyone is left to their own devices.

I am pretty lucky that I now have a largely remote job, and I rely day in and day out on people who HAVE to put their bodies on the line and not only from this particular virus. THANK YOU to everyone here who doesn't have the same luxury (like Bill feeding those cattle and Tim repairing those airframes!) as I do. It is worth restating that getting the 'rona is no mark of shame. In many cases it is testament to the fact that you are needed and/or you are forced to risk your health to keep your job.

Operation Warp Speed was a great success; at the beginning of the pandemic I didn't think we'd have vaccines until the end of 2021 at the earliest. But it was also built on many many years of basic, government funded science so it really was Operation Long Haul. I worked alongside many people in the DoD who are part of the development of novel therapies (like mRNA) to protect soldiers from biological threats, including pandemics. I've spent 15 years on CCFan learning about boats from you experts. I am not exactly an expert on medical science, but I've had a front row seat to the science behind the US response to SARS-CoV-2 for a while now and if anybody wants to pick my brain on it just DM me.

Contrary to what we usually hear, vaccines are only one of many tools we have to fight this virus. But, if you haven't gotten vaccinated yet please do. It could save your life, and will surely help save the lives of others (just like every other tool we have to avoid getting and spreading the disease). Your government spent and is spending a LOT of money to bring you medical miracles, use them! Smile

"The only prudence in fishermen is that designed to set the stage for taking yet another, and perhaps a longer, chance." -Aldo Leopold
Faceplant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faceplant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2022 at 7:40pm
Be responsible - think about others and let your conscience dictate your actions.
Feels like I am hanging 10 but in reality - probably hanging 6.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 ski nat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2022 at 9:25am
Good points Hansel
What are your thoughts on the liar fauci
That helped create the Chinese bat fever in wuhan And still covering up
The Chinese coverup and intentionally spreading thru out world. War crimes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 ski nat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2022 at 9:38am
This virus was used as a weapon
If you let governments lock you down when your Not sick, do not know you carry and asymptotic they will pull this bad flu anytime governments want control

Forget asymptotic spread guilt
Hansel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hansel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2022 at 11:45am
No fan of Fauci. Should have retired/resigned/been fired many times over by now. Hasn’t been honest, totally agree. Not down with the harassment he has gotten though. The last two admins should have sent him packing and been done with it.

Incredibly low odds virus is engineered weapon. Low but non-trivial odds that it escaped from lab. Heavy odds natural origin. Skeptical of folks claiming they are sure one way or the other since the evidence trail is thin/hidden/destroyed. From an immediate standpoint it doesn’t matter where it came from. From a long term biosecurity perspective, it does.

Govt lets no crisis go to waste; I wouldn’t either. That is their job. I think most people can tell reasonable public health measures from a police state. But yes, many of the measures and policies have not been very reasonable, wise, well explained, or necessary. Some are harmful and legitimate criticism is too easily dismissed. Some policies may have ulterior motives, many more are born of stupidity or disdain for the common person. Plenty of “follow/trust the science “ is a smokescreen for “shut up and do what I say.” Some of it is legit.

Faceplant said it very well.
desertskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2022 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by Jonny Quest Jonny Quest wrote:

Everyone at the Quest Compound tested "positive" for COVID this week. All fully-vaccinated.  Damn.  I feel like a truck hit me.  I was patting myself on the back, previously, for having escaped the "VID".  No more.

I'm now a statistic.

How are y'all doing?

JQ

Sorry to hear.  So far it hasn't hit me.  My son got it a few weeks ago and his symptoms were similar to strep throat.  It's been a few days since your post so hopefully you are on the mend.  That new truck needs you!
92 SN - Owned since 93
99 Pro Air
89 SN - Went to live on a lake in Texas
75 Donzi 16 - Sold in 93
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 ski nat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2022 at 5:14pm
OMG Hansel your from Washington DC , funny
I appreciate your comments anyway, you sound reasonable
If Biden cared a rip about dead people, he would stop the 10,000 positive cases a month walking across border
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2022 at 6:15pm
Careful folks.  On a slippery slope here.  Years ago there were some political threads on here. Got nasty.  Like all political threads, people got the idea you could convert someone's political opinions by being offensive, insulting, name calling... to both friends and strangers. Fortunately that ended and has never returned.  A good thing.  I know on pretty much all the FB skiing and boating pages, as soon as someone goes political, the conversation is pulled and in many cases the offender is disappeared.  Talking about covid is one thing.  Politicizing it is something else.  Just a thought. 
Hansel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hansel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2022 at 6:25pm
Larry, thanks for the reminder. It has been nice to see this site stay out of the gutter these last few years and apologies if I’ve strayed too close to any political lines. In the past I have participated in some pretty vigorous back and forth in this “Off Topic” section and have generally been pleasantly surprised at how good the conversations have been. I hope others think the same of me. Always happy to disengage or take to DM if folks want a more pointed take or info.

Yeah, over five years in DC. Really like it here for the most part. I do all my boating/skiing/footing while visiting family back in the Midwest where I grew up. Needless to say it isn’t as often as I’d like, but oh well.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2022 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

I know on pretty much all the FB skiing and boating pages, as soon as someone goes political, the conversation is pulled and in many cases the offender is disappeared.

censorship? lol
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2022 at 6:56pm
Back In Black

Everyone at the Quest Compound is on the mend.  It appears that COVID dealt us a glancing blow.  Fever, chills, body aches, cough and more cough.  I'm basically back to my adorable pre-COVID self.  I really feel blessed that we dodged a bullet.  I can't verify this, but I believe that our individual illnesses were lessened to some degree as we were all vaxed.

JQ
Current

Previous

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2022 at 7:44pm
Jonny

Somebody sent me this picture of you out ice fishing today with your bottle of "cough syrup".

You really are pretty "adorable"  Wink

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2022 at 10:01pm
Never under estimate the power of the COVID Speedo!

Talk about a "chick magnet"

JQ
Current

Previous

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2022 at 3:06am
I noticed all the hot chicks lined up in the background just waiting to chase that speedo clad man.  I think they are really far in the background.

Glad to hear all in the JQ family are getting better!   
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2022 at 6:55am
Originally posted by MrMcD MrMcD wrote:

I noticed all the hot chicks lined up in the background just waiting to chase that speedo clad man.  I think they are really far in the background.

Glad to hear all in the JQ family are getting better!   

I zoomed in a little just for you  Wink

Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2022 at 7:32am
Musta gone to the Caribbean before this pic was taken. Somehow I don't think you can get a snowtan that easily.Ermm
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic