Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Who Has Had the "VID"

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
MechGaT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MechGaT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who Has Had the "VID"
    Posted: February-05-2022 at 11:11pm
Interested to hear how the final mounting goes.
'92 Sport Nautique
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2022 at 1:56pm
Dang rotated pictures...
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2022 at 1:55pm
So a few weeks back Jbear went on a trip to picked up some project parts that came back to NC.  The BFN trailer I redid last summer was without a prop guard so that was going to be this springs project.  Some dry fitting of the guard that John picked up for me is shown in the pictures.  While not the standard set up for a channel style trailer I have a plan on how to modify / adapt and we can check that box.

'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2022 at 9:19pm
I have removed the commander logs off the 78 to replace the manifold gaskets!  Maybe i will start another thread!
2004 196 LE Ski 1969 Marauder 19 1978 Ski
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2022 at 9:13pm
Larry your post made go back and look at old emails. Back in '17 I ordered mine and finally did the drivers seat last summer. Still have everything behind that to do. Turned out really easy but after the last minute trans repair I just didn't feel like it anymore. Lining up next summers projects they don't look like they are going to make the list again. Ouch  At least I have them at '17 prices
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2022 at 8:39pm
I'm learning how to install skins on just a couple cushions.  Took 6-7 months to get them from C&S (fine, no complaints, I get it)  But I hate to see brown foam sticking out of any boat seats (especially mine) so I did a little fishing line repair to get through the summer. (seat back came out a little better than bottom) 

(PS - the new skin doesnt look quite right yet because its not stapled down yet)

67 ski nat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 ski nat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2022 at 7:44pm
It is ‘off topic ‘ , so I engaged

I found the bottom rubber seal for my 67
Called vinyl deck channel by Taylor made
Thx Gary s
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2022 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by 80SN Barnfind 80SN Barnfind wrote:

Golly gents can we all just move on, 

I think its a case of the internet winter doldrums.  My neighborhood has a Facebook page.  Some resident posted to complain that the HOA told him that the chandelier they had hanging in a tree violated some neighborhood rule.  99 people felt the need to comment on it and still going.Hopefully better weather will be here soon.
desertskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2022 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by 80SN Barnfind 80SN Barnfind wrote:

Golly gents can we all just move on, I come here to escape all the media and political BS.  Can't we go back to arguing blue or red, Fram or Wix, points or electronic, who's got more snow; Wisconsin of Minnesota, VR1 20-50 vs rotella 10-30, keep it original or modify, freeze plugs or core plugs..... For Goodness Sake WHERE IS PETE??!!

Somebody please save us with a project update, Wayoutthere- lets see more of whatever your working on- don't care if its a boat, car or lawnmower,  KENO give us an experiment on lapped vs non-lapped prop fit. Longhorn- anything new? Briar Patch? Chucky's' 66? Someone? Anyone?

Clap
92 SN - Owned since 93
99 Pro Air
89 SN - Went to live on a lake in Texas
75 Donzi 16 - Sold in 93
80SN Barnfind View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 80SN Barnfind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2022 at 3:18pm
Golly gents can we all just move on, I come here to escape all the media and political BS.  Can't we go back to arguing blue or red, Fram or Wix, points or electronic, who's got more snow; Wisconsin of Minnesota, VR1 20-50 vs rotella 10-30, keep it original or modify, freeze plugs or core plugs..... For Goodness Sake WHERE IS PETE??!!

Somebody please save us with a project update, Wayoutthere- lets see more of whatever your working on- don't care if its a boat, car or lawnmower,  KENO give us an experiment on lapped vs non-lapped prop fit. Longhorn- anything new? Briar Patch? Chucky's' 66? Someone? Anyone?

Knowledge comes by taking things apart: analysis. But wisdom comes by putting things together.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 ski nat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2022 at 1:53pm

Think for yourself, research facts, make your own decisions based on your circumstances
Trust your own mind and reasoning
Then see what government wants, they may match
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2022 at 12:10pm
Richard, thanks for sharing that story.  Hope all goes well with your daughter, that is a scary situation.  Agree with you it's refreshing to have a conversation without anger and name calling.  I think leaving the politics out is the key, just talk about opinions and experiences and share different outlooks on the past few years.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
Hansel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hansel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2022 at 8:33am
Rebel,

Very sorry to hear about your daughter. The father of a close friend developed Bell's palsy after he got his first shot. Cannot say for sure if it was related or just coincidence but I know it was a difficult time for all of them. He has since recovered but it was a bit of a haul.

Doctors should take your daughter seriously, and as you indicate because of the testing that Gary mentioned we have a good idea of the overall and specific risks associated with not just SARS-CoV-2 vaccines but all of them on the market. Sounds like she might have had just such an effect, and I hope that it is truly benign. Thanks for sharing.
"The only prudence in fishermen is that designed to set the stage for taking yet another, and perhaps a longer, chance." -Aldo Leopold
Hansel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hansel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2022 at 8:26am
Originally posted by MechGaT MechGaT wrote:

The lack of faith in people to understand and do what is best for them and others degrades trust in the message.

BINGO
"The only prudence in fishermen is that designed to set the stage for taking yet another, and perhaps a longer, chance." -Aldo Leopold
rebel skier View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebel skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2022 at 7:51am
What is it about CC loving skiers that we are able to do what few can, post about COVID with divergent opinions and not have it turn to a total all out war?  It really is rare what we have here!

I can't tell you how many times I have just kept my mouth shut during this pandemic, especially where I work.  

So I do not share this a lot, but my daughter now has an abnormal EKG and has what are called heart PVCs that started after second Moderna vaccine.  She had a really difficult reaction and at the time the myocarditis was not really known about (do not know if she had this or not).  She came home for a break and her doctor sent her to a Cardiologist because she kept complaining about her heart (she was one of the first to get the vax).  Thousands of dollars of tests later, she is told there is no damage to her heart and she just has to learn to live with them -- just consider them to be annoying "heart hiccups".  Cardiologist also said for her to get different booster because most of the problems he has treated were from Moderna.  Wish we had known that prior.  

These are just facts for my family.  I am not telling anyone not to get a vaccine.  It is a decision your family has to make.  I will say I am with Denmark and Sweden on no Moderna vaccine for young adults.  There are other options with less cardiac side-effects.  

Before anyone wants to accuse me of being a conspiracy theorist PM me and I share images of all the bills.   

Regarding the military question, I have done C&P exams for the VA in the past.  I know how quickly someone like my daughter would have gotten a general discharge medical condition stamped on a DD214 if they developed a heart condition.  Yeah it is rare, but the problem is we do not know rare or frequent yet.  Current soldiers are the experiment and the data is still coming in.

Hotty Toddy lets go skiing!
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2022 at 12:13pm
The answer in one word is testing. Any other drug or vaccine has to go through years of testing. They did not push through the drugs for HIV when it may have saved lives. Then to top it off your saying it's going to take 55 years to release the data? Thalidomide was considered safe too. Who know what will happen in time
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
DVskier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DVskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2022 at 11:34am
Lots of conspiracy theories here. I find it hard to swallow that members of the US armed forces are allowed to reject being vaccinated. I served in the US Navy from 1964-1970. We didn’t know from day to day when we’d receive vaccinations but it was often and no exceptions. Roll up your sleeve sailor. Hard to believe that anyone would not want to take advantage of the vaccines. In SC there are a lot of “patriots” who say no way. I just keep my distance while the infections skyrocket.
In Colorado on a month long ski trip now and most people here are enjoying being outside and recreating. Life goes on. I’ve had all three shots and will gladly roll up my sleeve for as many more as it takes. I am center right and believe this is the greatest country in the world. Your mileage may vary as the country is very divided right now.  Enjoy life!
Hansel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hansel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2022 at 11:04am
Thanks David. I owe everyone here infinitely more than I can repay on the boat side of things since my expertise on that front approaches zero. Pleased that I can add some value to y’all. Everything surrounding the pandemic is confusing at best, and is incomprehensible once everyone with some axe to grind starts shouting at us.

Stay safe! The Omicron wave seems to have crested but it can still get you on the way down.
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2022 at 10:18am
Hansel thank you, that is an amazingly informative, clearly written post.  Good to have your expertise on here.
MechGaT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MechGaT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2022 at 10:18am
My family has gotten it twice. The first time was December 2020, the second was a few weeks ago. We lost taste and smell the first time, but didn’t the second. For my oldest, that was his only symptom. I felt the worst, like I had strep throat with a fever. Everyone else was in between. Thankful it wasn’t worse. Everyone except my youngest got two shots between the two.

I have to say, the straight talk Hansel just gave on the reasons to vaccinate is what should be put out there rather than the fear that seems to be the motivation they want to drive. The lack of faith in people to understand and do what is best for them and others degrades trust in the message.
'92 Sport Nautique
Hansel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hansel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2022 at 9:41am
Larry,

You are correctly picking up some of the terrible communication surrounding COVID.

All of the shots have large amounts of clinical and real world data showing that your odds of hospitalization and death are dramatically reduced if you get COVID. Current estimates over the last year (so including Delta and Omicron) across all ages are that if you have had no vaccine shots you are 10X more likely to test positive and ~70X more likely to die from COVID-19 compared some somebody who has had three shots ("fully vaxxed and boosted).

Where the confusion creeps in is that expectations were never well grounded, and have always tended towards the overly optimistic in an effort to snowball people and keep things "feeling good" rather than being honest. Some disinformation was just ignorance.

Vaccines help you body fight off a disease by exposing it to some version of it before you become infected. Some of them are amazingly effective and last for decades or even your entire lifetime, like the ones for Yellow Fever, polio, and smallpox. Others are less so, as we've seen with flu. Nobody knows exactly why this is because the immune system is so complex. The vaccines developed against COVID-19 around the world vary in efficacy, but in general they reduce hospitalization and death by somewhere around 80-90% for about six months per shot. Hospitalization and death is what they are trying to protect against, so "breakthrough" infections while important are not the stick we should be measuring by.

Of course, the more people are vaccinated in a population, the more and more breakthrough infections we expect. Since something like 3/4 people in the US have had at least one shot, right off the bat we'd expect about 3/4 of infections to be "breakthroughs." The most recent numbers I've seen show that about half of the people who are testing positive have had two vaccine doses, 1/3 have not had any shot, and ~13% in people who have had three shots. But the vast majority of the hospitalized and dead have had few or no shots.

Most people who get in car crashes are wearing a seat belt. Some of them die. But we don't stop wearing seat belts precisely because the odds of surviving an accident go way up when you are wearing one. Focus on the overall effect of wearing the seat belt, not the fact that it doesn't work 100% of the time.

The bar for vaccines is hospitalization and death. The ones available in the US are the best in the world at preventing exactly that. Can you still get sick and die? Yes. But would you rather be wearing the seat belt or not if/when the crash occurs?
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2022 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by 63 Skier 63 Skier wrote:

There's a new statistic that shows that people who do not lap in their props are 70% more likely to be hospitalized than those that carefully lap the prop and check with prussian blue.

Sadly, that observation is probably more accurate than most of the crap inconsistent messages we've been listening to for the past   two years.

63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2022 at 3:04pm
My family has avoided it so far.  All of us are vaxed and boosted.  I've worked and been out and about every day, not an option to stay at home and no desire to do so anyway.  Maybe I've had it without symptoms, who knows, but never have tested positive.

There's a new statistic that shows that people who do not lap in their props are 70% more likely to be hospitalized than those that carefully lap the prop and check with prussian blue.

MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2022 at 12:46pm
Ken your zoom lens sure confirmed the Chicks loved his speedo.   There are sure some fine admiring samples in that photo and they all looked like they loved the Pink Speedo.  Got to have stones to wear that suit proudly.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 ski nat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2022 at 12:03pm
The camaraderie is the most important and awesome here
Trust me just playing friends
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2022 at 10:12am
Dayrn...None taken. Most of us have a pretty thick Gel-Coat round here. I've had a few political discussions with many a member here in person. ALL civil and not long as we don't want it to get too heated. We agree to disagree ...who's driving you or me and crack open a beer.  Camaraderie' just isn't as strong as it can be unless you busting each others stones on a constant basis. That's just another thing as to what makes this site so great.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 ski nat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2022 at 9:08am
Gentlemen and friends. Certainly not trying to personally offend or judge any folks here
But it’s hard to talk about VID without
The origin, purpose, country and rules associated
I only wanted to offend China, fauci and Biden. An enemy, a horrible doctor and a horrible president.
It’s not like I said it’s OK to put a tower on a 78 SN.
Thx for reminder tique and Hollywood
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2022 at 8:08am
Hansel, good to hear from you.  Very objective point of view.

I've not had it.  I've had all 3 shots.  I avoid crowded places and wash my hands a lot.  I've also never gone so long without having a cold.

Tim, those girls would burn if the sun were out.
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2022 at 7:32am
Musta gone to the Caribbean before this pic was taken. Somehow I don't think you can get a snowtan that easily.Ermm
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2022 at 6:55am
Originally posted by MrMcD MrMcD wrote:

I noticed all the hot chicks lined up in the background just waiting to chase that speedo clad man.  I think they are really far in the background.

Glad to hear all in the JQ family are getting better!   

I zoomed in a little just for you  Wink

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic