Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1983 ski Nautique 2001 blueprints

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
boat rider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1983 ski Nautique 2001 blueprints
    Posted: January-04-2022 at 4:36pm
I was recently given a 1983 ski Nautique 2001 as a project boat for Christmas. It has no seats engine, transmission, carpet, engine cover and much more. I reached out to Nautique and correct craft and neither were able to assist me. The largest problem I have is the stringers. I am only 15 and have not worked on boats very much. Can anybody lead me in the right direction to find the blueprints.
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2022 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by boat rider boat rider wrote:

Can anybody lead me in the right direction to find the blueprints.

The easy short answer is No.

The longer, harder  answer is still No because they don't exist Wink

The best thing you could do is to do a search here on CCF titled stringers and you'll come up with a lot of reading and in many cases, there will be pictures that disappeared from the threads. Google or some other search engine works well along with the CCF search function.

Here's one example of someone doing stringers, floor etc. on an 85, that's a good place to start reading An 83 and 85 are essentially the same as far as construction.

And here's a link to another thread on another website by the same person

There's a lot of variety in what people use for materials, resin, techniques etc. so your budget will come into play also.

You basically make good notes and take lots of measurements and take pictures as you go so that you'll have something to reference when making and mounting the new stringers and floor.

Enjoy the reading and good luck, you've got a lot of work ahead of you

PS................ Ask for an engine and transmission and all the running gear for your birthday. I seem to think you already have a steering wheel  Wink

67 ski nat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 ski nat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2022 at 9:02am
Welcome. Very cool year boat you have
You found the best forum to help, everything you need is here
Like keno says just keep reading, take notes on materials you’ll need and the process. Take your time step by step and enjoy. I’m sure the gentleman here will be happy to advise ya
Also. If I was you, start looking for another donor boat that has all running gear
Good luck.
samudj01 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samudj01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2022 at 10:04am
#1 thing…pics and measurements as you remove the floor, foam and stringers. And then more pics and measurements. Pick a point that will not be changing to measure from…say the inside of the transom or the pylon cup (prob no need to remove). Take a look at our New to me 72 skier thread in gen discussion. There are so many others on the site but that one has pics bc much has been done post site hack when pics were lost on old threads. So questions and read. The only way I got my 78 tique done was asking folks here tons of questions. Start your own thread and many of us will follow it and answer questions as you go.
78 Ski Tique, 72 Skier w/302's, 93 SN w/351 & 17 GS22 w/zr409
Previous - 99 Sport Nautique w/GT40 and 87 Martinique w/351
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2022 at 12:29pm
When cutting out the floor, leave a lip of old floor about 2" long as a reference point to do the stringer height. Then before adding the floor, sand and cut the lip off of the wall, then add the new floor.  This will give you a reference point. 
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
desertskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2022 at 1:40pm
I know this sounds a bit harsh but you may want to consider abandoning this project.  If you had all the parts it may be worth it but since you will have to find/source basically everything the cost will end up being significantly more than buying a running boat.
92 SN - Owned since 93
99 Pro Air
89 SN - Went to live on a lake in Texas
75 Donzi 16 - Sold in 93
MourningWood View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MourningWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2022 at 1:57pm
Maybe not harsh, but accurate.....however.....

I for one am thrilled that a 15-year old wants to tackle this project. If not for others like him, well, what becomes of our weary crafts? Also, if my Dad had told me to forget rebuilding a $200 VW with $400 in 1969, than I wouldn't still have (and cherish) most of his '9-point' sockets and '11-point' wrenches. Big smile

I would go so far as to suggest that once he gets going with full commitment, that we scrounge our stash to help him gather up what he needs...and we don't. 

As is said, food for thought
1994 Ski Nautique "Riot"
1964 Dunphy X-55 "One 'N Dun"

'I measured twice, cut three times, and it's still too short!"
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2022 at 5:43pm
I’ll gladly donate a few oddments to the cause…

JQ
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2022 at 5:55pm
Claude, do you have a family member or friend that will help with the project?  It's a lot of work so an extra set of hands is needed, plus the support of helping figure things out along the way.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
wetskier2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wetskier2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2022 at 8:11am
Congratulations on the new boat. Will this project be cost effective? Maybe, maybe not... will it be a great learning tool? Definitely. I suspect obtaining the pieces and parts could be a challenge... Any chance the previous owner(s) might have them or know the location? Could be sitting in someone's barn.... 

Another thought is a salvage donor

https://www.salvageboatsauction.com/vehicle_detail/Salvage-2006-Correct%20Craft-Boat%20With%20Trailer-for-Sale/lot-46005741/Sacramento-California

Obviously, not this one but you get the idea... something older that might only be worth short money.....

Good luck with it!

Rick
Current: 1997 Nautique

Previous: 1987 Nautique

1964 American Skier

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2022 at 10:10pm
Yes, my father has rebuilt many fiberglass sailboats in the past. My uncle has a marine wholesail license to get the necessary parts that I cannot buy used. It will definitely be a lot of work but definitely better than wasting my time playing video games.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2022 at 10:14pm
As far as building the boat the goal is not to be cost effective but instead to learn how these boats work. There were many boats that I saw that could have fit my budget with no work. The idea is for me to learn about these boats while having a ski boat that I have admired for years in the process. I appreciate the advice though desert.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2022 at 10:27pm
Thank you all this is more than enough help. I am sure I will have plenty of questions along the way and am so glad I have a place to get answers
67 ski nat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 ski nat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2022 at 8:41am
Excellent news that your family knows boats, answers a lot of questions
Sounds like your in much better position to get this done. You said all right things
Good luck
wayoutthere View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wayoutthere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2022 at 1:13pm
It sounds like an opportunity for all your parts unless i'm misunderstanding the post from member "aupatking"

https://correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=50262&PID=603413򓔕
Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2022 at 8:58am
Welcome aboard Claude! Exciting project! Post some pictures when you can? (The fellas in the frozen North love to keep warm around their computer screen, observe and comment!!) Good Luck and if you are serious about this adventure, you sure are in the right place!!
Js
ScottZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2022 at 10:54am
Hey Claude.  I am located in Central AL.  I looked at a 1982 Ski Nautique that is complete earlier this week that can be purchased for $1500.   It is all together. No trailer.  That might be a good option for you to complete your parts needs for your build. 
Scott Zuelzke
Lake Mitchell , AL

1984 Ski Nautique       
1972 Skier

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2022 at 9:48am
That’s perfect. Do you have any information on the listing a phone number possibly?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2022 at 5:00pm
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2022 at 12:48pm

Originally posted by Smithfamily Smithfamily wrote:

Welcome aboard Claude! Exciting project! Post some pictures when you can?
Here are a few I have so far.

Now about those pictures, I think you have some fixin' to do on the links, since every one says "website can't be reached" in this thread and the other one that you posted the same links in  Wink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2022 at 1:44pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2022 at 1:46pm
I wasnt kidding when I said it would be a PROJECT. It will take work that i am wiling to put in.

wetskier2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wetskier2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2022 at 2:54pm
That's a nice looking boat... Off white hull??
Current: 1997 Nautique

Previous: 1987 Nautique

1964 American Skier

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2022 at 3:12pm
Its white just the lighting is off

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2022 at 4:11pm

No, not white… taffy ivory.

https://www.correctcraftfan.com/reference/bview.asp?id=17#image20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2022 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

No, not white… taffy ivory.

https://www.correctcraftfan.com/reference/bview.asp?id=17#image20
Thanks good to know. i honestly thought it needed a good polishing.
samudj01 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samudj01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2022 at 5:33pm
Oh it does. Looks nice. Will prob polish up well. If it were me I’d start with compound on the gel and then polish and wax the whole thing (I would not use compound on the paint and decals). Question is if the compound brings the gel back or if you will need to do some wet sanding. Watch out with products on the paint and stickers…try a small spot first if you are trying to preserve.
78 Ski Tique, 72 Skier w/302's, 93 SN w/351 & 17 GS22 w/zr409
Previous - 99 Sport Nautique w/GT40 and 87 Martinique w/351
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2022 at 5:40pm
Hull doesn't look to be in bad shape, like he said you might get by without wet sanding, and without having to replace decals.  I guess it depends on what level of resto you are doing.  Stringers are definitely bad?  Since you have them fully exposed it should be easy to evaluate.

Glad to see the pictures, definitely will be a project but you'll have a pretty impressive boat when you are done!
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2022 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by 63 Skier 63 Skier wrote:

Hull doesn't look to be in bad shape, like he said you might get by without wet sanding, and without having to replace decals.  I guess it depends on what level of resto you are doing.  Stringers are definitely bad?  Since you have them fully exposed it should be easy to evaluate.

Glad to see the pictures, definitely will be a project but you'll have a pretty impressive boat when you are done!
What a great project. Where the photo cuts out the stringer is pretty much hollow, and the floor is soft on the other side. Is there a specific type of wood you need for the floor and stringers? I know it needs to be marine grade but is the plywood 1/2 or 3/4 inch, or does it matter? Thanks for the good wishes everybody.

wayoutthere View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wayoutthere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2022 at 10:13pm
not as stripped as it first sounded, windshield rubrail grab rails strut rudder steering engine/pylon mount good pylon w/ the ring tracking fins, it's got the cool hood scoop, nice color combo.

An engine and transmission will come along and the interior components are easy enough to fabricate.

I would start by making an elevation drawing of the starboard main stringer, from the transom moving forward measure the steering knuckle bolt hole distance from transom and height off the hull bottom then the engine mount then the engine mount bolts/lags. 
Mark your stringers vertically every foot and with a 2 foot level across the main stringers measure down for heights. 

(another member suggested leaving a few inches of the floor around the hull sides as a reference)
This is a great idea but i would leave approx 6 inches (i'll snap a picture to better explain & i got some what i would have done ideas)

Pull all of the screws out of the stringers and save them, they add up fast.

The engine mount determines your stringer width when you install then but that's a little ways off yet.

What's your plan ? Factory/factory in appearance, custom.

It'll be worth the effort and something to be proud of both along the way and when finished.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic