NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cool New Product

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cool New Product
    Posted: January-02-2022 at 11:56am
New to me at least. One of my snowmobile aftermarket companies turned me on to these.

NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2022 at 1:50pm
I used these when I re-wired my trailer and on another couple of projects.
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2022 at 1:57pm
Hmmmmm…
Looks convenient.  I may give ‘em a try.

JQ
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2022 at 5:53am
I have a whole box of them in various sizes.
They work like a charm and are completely waterproof.
No more messing with a soldering iron and cutting heat shrink. Just a heat gun and all set.

You can get them on various sites such as Amazon, Aliexpress and what not...
Just search for "solder seal wire connectors" or "heat shrink self solder connector".
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2022 at 12:15pm
I'll give them a try, looks like a good product.  Seems like it might be harder to intertwine the strands of lighter wire with tiny strands?  Anyone just twist together instead of intertwine?
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
67 ski nat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 ski nat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2022 at 10:30am
Cool. Like the solder in middle , great electrical connection and probably holds together
pjsmoreno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pjsmoreno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2022 at 10:49am
These would be great to have on hand!
Thanks for sharing.....
Mpost View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2022 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by gun-driver gun-driver wrote:

New to me at least. One of my snowmobile aftermarket companies turned me on to these.

Gun driver, 
I have a question for you. I ordered some of these connectors, not from Summit but Amazon. (maybe bad Idea) :(
Tested a couple today to see how they worked. Seemed very nice but was surprised that the wire did not seem stiff enough for having been soldered. At first the connection looked to be soldered under the shrink tube but was flexible?
I cut the shrink wrap off and was able to just pull the wires apart. What little if any solder was not attached to the coper wire and just fell off the wire. 
Would be interested to know if the ones you bought from Summit were better and really did solder the wires. I will be returning the Amazon ones and sticking with a crimping tool.

84 SN Sold   98 SN    Lund Pro V   1975 Alumacraft
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic