NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

St.Johns River Ruckus 2022

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: St.Johns River Ruckus 2022
    Posted: December-12-2021 at 1:50pm
Okay boys and girls..... The end of 2021 is almost here so that means its time to plan for a Ruckus!!!!!! After a few discussions and texts asking if I was gonna plan a SJRR for 2022 I started the process. LET'S DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The weekend is set for April 7-10, 2022 at Parramores Fish Camp. Unfortunately its not the same weekend as the Sunnyland boat show because there were only 3 cabins available on the weekend of the show. Following protocol as the Ruckus is planned after the time change and the only weekend with lots of RV slots and multiple cabin availability. If you want the CCFan 10% discount ya gotta call Parramores and tell em your with the ski boat club. Same plan as always, A Ruckus favorite and take the 25 mile River Run from Moss Bluff damn through the Dora Canal and back with a lunch stop somewhere is the plan for Friday unless attendees wanna cruise and ski the St. Johns. We can make the call Thursday night at The Landing for the traditional warm up party. Sat night cookout after a trip to the Silver Glen on Sat is on the logbook! Bring your Correct Craft to Astor and lets have some nautical fun on the St.Johns River!!
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-12-2021 at 5:03pm
Reservation confirmed earlier today
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
audiodude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audiodude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-13-2021 at 10:08am
Just Booked my Cabin!  
1989 Correct Craft 2001

In the words of Milton Berle: "You can lead a man to Congress but you can't make him think"
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-13-2021 at 11:07am
Man, I would love to come with the Quest Tribe and ski tug…but it’s 2,300 miles, one way.  Cry

We need to plan a G-T-G for the western CCF members…

JQ
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
rebel skier View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebel skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2021 at 10:44am
Right now I have to be in my graduate course at Vandy I teach till 7 pm on Thursday the 7th but I am working hard to change that.  Even doing the math on if I can get there to at least join yall Saturday if I can't get out of teaching.  Hope to join y'all.  
Hotty Toddy lets go skiing!
mmfarmer1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmfarmer1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2021 at 2:51pm
The Farmer's are IN!!!! Blue Gill booked Thursday - Sunday. Hoping for a great turnout this year!!
Gators_80 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gators_80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-16-2021 at 10:23am
Dino and Sue are in! We booked the Shellcracker again.
Dino Muggeo
woodyelc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woodyelc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-16-2021 at 3:46pm
woodyelc
woodyelc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woodyelc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-16-2021 at 3:46pm
Woody will be there
woodyelc
chessie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chessie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-16-2021 at 7:53pm
The Dilkes Are in site 13 same as last year
67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2021 at 11:42am
Myself and some other fellow CCF hooligans may make the trip this year?!!

Paul,
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2021 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by 67nautique312 67nautique312 wrote:

Paul,

Not only are Hooligans welcome, but encouraged!!LOL
Js
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-26-2021 at 8:16am
Paul , that would be awesome! Glad to see the list is growing. I'll let Les and Art know we're coming along with a couple of other CC dignitaries that wanted me me to inform them of the Ruckus for 22' as they'd like to come for a day if possible. Reid is planning on coming and I believe his sidekick CQ will be attending as well. One of my local ski buds has asked me about it and sounds like he'll be attending for the first time as well. Keep signing up Y'all. I'm already getting excited and looking forward to it!
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2021 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by 67nautique312 67nautique312 wrote:

Paul,

I resemble that remark - cabin is booked.   Looking forward to a little Blackwater cruising.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2021 at 6:40am
This is shaping up for sure
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2022 at 1:26pm
Booked.......now i gotta get Eddie to help (read that do it himself) me get the orange boat running.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2022 at 11:40am
Hey everyone...Just wanted to let everyone know that Parramores Cabin rentals are all booked up for the Ruckus. Hopefully we were able to snag most of them. All that's left are RV slots and maybe a tent site or two. If you're still wanting to attend then it looks like Deland is the closest town that has hotels. There are a couple of places in Astor that you might could try but little info about them is available. Their website is either non existent or limited so you'll have to call them to book. Hope everyone had a great Christmas and New Years. We've passed the Winter solstice so Spring isn't too far away. Start working on your boat body now for those who care. Time to lose those Holiday pounds...You've got a few months.
woodyelc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woodyelc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2022 at 3:38pm
For rooms check with the st.johns river marina they are are the bridge and offer dock space and they are on the river across from what was Blackwater grill
woodyelc
skibum1110 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skibum1110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2022 at 7:18pm
Im booked up and ready. I was late catching up to this post and Mike snagged Bluegill before I saw it. So we are hooked up in the Squirrel Cabin. Boat has a new power plant and should be ready to go. 
1992 Ski Nautique
1975 Ski Nautique
2000 Ski Nautique
2006 Ski Nautique 206 Limited
2005 Air Nautique 206 Team
ScottZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2022 at 11:02am
I hate we are going to miss the ruckus this year.  My boat build is still not completed and the Mrs. and I will be in Texas during this time.  Maybe next year....
Scott Zuelzke
Lake Mitchell , AL

1984 Ski Nautique       
1972 Skier
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2022 at 6:26am
Okay Kids....it's March 1st and we're about a month out from the Ruckus. It's time to start getting a boat uncovered, waxed up, oil changed and vinyl cleaned for some frolicking on the River. The Pre-Ruckus Scout Team has already been down in the Astor Area looking to possibly change the venue for 2023. Preliminary Reports are very positive so those of us that can get there early enough on Thursday are gonna go check out Renegades on the River Campground. It's on the St. Johns just a little North of Lake George in Crescent City. This facility has RV Camping, a few cabins a TiKi Bar and full service restaurant. So preliminary plans are to head up there Thursday early afternoon (weather permitting and Lake George conditions) to scout out the place, have a late lunch and to see if we wanna move there next year. 

In other news....we need to start a list of who's is bringing what for the annual Sat Night Cookout at the Rec Hall. Our resident and well experienced GMM (Grill Master Mike) will be working his magic with the grill.Wink He is a Professional Fireman so he knows a little bit about Fire Management. So bring something to help feed the masses and list here what you're contributing to the cause. I don't know about y'all but I'm ready to get back to warmer days and LOUD pipes on the St. Johns River! It's almost time to get your Ruckus On!!! ApproveCool 

Morfoot - Thurs- Sun   88 or 99 SN   Dessert
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2022 at 6:36am
Greg / Sue - Baked Beans
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
chessie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chessie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2022 at 7:40am
We will be there from Monday on and will bring the fuel for the fire (charcoal).Debbie is still working on food will post
mmfarmer1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmfarmer1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2022 at 11:23am
Farmer's will be arriving around noon on Thursday until Sunday. I will be making my BBQ ribs for Saturday night's cookout. The rec hall is out of commission permanently but they will have the outside pavillion near the pool reserved for us for Saturday night. The normal large grill we have used for years is also permanently gone!! The owners said they will try to get a grill by the time we were there? If any locals wanted to bring a grill, that too would be GREAT!! Looking forward to a great time with everyone.....🍻🍻👍👍😀😀🚤🚤
Gators_80 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gators_80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2022 at 3:18pm
We are planning on getting in on Thursday around noon. We unfortunately will be leaving Friday Night. Our ski club has a road show in Fanning Springs on Saturday so we will miss the BBQ. 
Dino Muggeo
chessie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chessie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2022 at 8:52pm
Are you looking for charcoal or gas. If gas I can bring a small gill 20x17 grate
If this will work let me know
audiodude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audiodude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2022 at 12:04pm
Hi All, I fractured  a bone in my foot so I am out of commission for 6-8 week, and have decided that the SJRR is a no go for me.  Too much of a temptation to do something I might regret later(lol).  I have the Bear Den and an uncovered boat slip reserved which I am going to cancel but before I do I wanted to check to see if anyone would want it.  It is $395 for the cabin.  The boat slip is reserved and would need to be paid for when you check in if you wanted it.
Art  

1989 Correct Craft 2001

In the words of Milton Berle: "You can lead a man to Congress but you can't make him think"
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2022 at 6:22am
Thanks Mike for the backup and obviously reaching out to Parramores to get the hot scoop as to what's going on with what was formally the Rec Hall and the grill. Guessing they are taking down the seldom used Rec Hall and putting in another Cabin?? Ermm That being said this would probably be a good time to ask everyone to bring chairs for yourselves for Saturday night. Not sure what to expect but we should prepare for the unexpected. I have two folding plastic tables that I may be able to bring down to use as dinner tables or serving tables unless they have some stashed somewhere.

Art, hate to hear that you're not gonna attend but maybe rethink that. Gonna be quite the crowd in attendance this year so you'd have a good time even if you couldn't ski. 

Called Art C and Lester Todd yesterday to let them know we're coming down and we will see Lester for sure and Art probably on Sat. The plan is still to Run the Ocklawaha River even with the price of fuel Skyrocketing unless the majority wants to pass on that and play on the St. Johns instead. We'll make that decision Thursday night at The Landing.  We're a month out Gang and I'm so ready for spring and to see all y'all. 

Morfoot - Dessert
Fossett - Baked Beans
Farmers - BBQ Ribs
Dilkes - TBD

Whatcha bringing gang???
mmfarmer1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmfarmer1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2022 at 11:23am
I just spoke to Paramore's again in reference to the grill situation. Julie says they have a few charcoal grills that will probably be available for the Saturday night cookout, we will just need the charcoal. I am also planning on bringing a large propane flattop griddle. Tables and chairs will be set up for the cookout from what they have available. And, for those who didn't know, "The Landing" has been sold and is under new ownership with a new name "Drifters Riverfront", just in case anyone was trying to google the location. Looking forward to a GREAT gathering!!!!
adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2022 at 6:42am

Coming in on Friday. Staying @ the Deer Haven. Smile

Morfoot - Dessert
Fossett - Baked Beans
Farmers - BBQ Ribs
Dilkes - TBD
AdamT - Sweet Potato Casserole 
-Adam

1973 Skier
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic