NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

One for Alan Arrighi

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: One for Alan Arrighi
    Posted: November-30-2021 at 1:42pm
As we discussed some time ago in another thread that we can have some nice hobbies aside boating and we talked tools, woodworking, powertools and so on, I made you a video about my hobby room...
Since we moved to a bigger house with two garages in the summer of 2020, I was set on turning one into a hobby room with a nice workbench and nice (hobbygrade that is) tools, so I could work on my boat, car and model airplanes at home. As well as some woodworking.
First thing I did, is build a multifunctional workbench, fitted with a router table, a table saw, a mitre saw and a DIY cyclone dust collector.
Finished that dust collector just last week and it works flawlessly.
Today, my father in law helped me install the very cool router lift he 3D printed and fabricated for me.

Here's a small tour Smile (Accompanied by old school house music blasting out of the boombox I made LOL )

Now, who else here has some cool hobby rooms, man caves and what not Smile?

- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

jimsport93 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2021 at 2:46pm
Very nice Kristof !
Mpost View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2021 at 8:46am
Very nice setup. I dont think my shop has ever been that clean, even when new. LOL
84 SN Sold   98 SN    Lund Pro V   1975 Alumacraft
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2021 at 9:43am
WOW !!!!!!!!!!  Those are some nice planes. 

Time to start a wooden boat project with that shop. 
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2021 at 1:09pm
Wow, a creative mind put all that together.  And a Nautique in Belgium, I am impressed.
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2021 at 2:13am
Originally posted by Donald80SN Donald80SN wrote:

Time to start a wooden boat project with that shop. 

See... I knew it. I need a third garage LOL
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2021 at 8:14am
Looking Good man,  That custom shaper fixture is trick.
Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2021 at 9:54am
Very nice!!

Js
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2021 at 7:37pm
Nice, I love the flip up sliding miter saw idea.

One of the other pilots that works at my base just bought a jet plane like your models. He has several prop planes and helicopters but this is his first turbine powered plane.
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2021 at 11:10am
That shop is amazing Kristof!  The router lift thumbwheel is very clever, and love the selection of planes.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2021 at 7:57am
Originally posted by gun-driver gun-driver wrote:

One of the other pilots that works at my base just bought a jet plane like your models. He has several prop planes and helicopters but this is his first turbine powered plane.

I only fly 'foamies' and electric (props and EDF or Electric Ducted Fans).
Turbines and gas is out of my league (and wallet).

My favourites to fly with are the P-51 and the italian MB-339 "Frecce Tricolori".
And the most bad-ass one in the air is my A-10 with full ordnance Cool

Originally posted by 63 Skier 63 Skier wrote:

and love the selection of planes.

It all started five years ago with a small $150 setup, being a small trainer plane, a battery and a transmitter... I made quite an evolution since (and quite a few dollars too LOL)

Currently I have:
- FMS 1400mm F4U Corsair
- FMS 1450mm P-51D "Petie 2nd"
- Avios 1400 mm Extra 330LX V2
- FMS A-10 Thunderbolt II  twin 70mm EDF V2
- Freewing L-39 70mm EDF
- Freewing F-35 70mm EDF
- Freewing SU-35 twin 70mm EDF
- FlyFly 90mm MB-339 "Frecce Tricolori". I actually have three of them (one still new in the box), all bought second hand, because not made anymore. 

I crashed Embarrassed:
- Freewing 1450mm P-51D (signal loss)
- FMS A-10 Thunderbolt II (mid air collision with a BF-109)
- Freewing F-4 Phantom 90mm EDF (pilot error - repaired as good as new and sold to a fellow club member)

And then there is my special one. So special in fact I did not dare to fly it yet.
Spent lots of time modifying it and airbrushing it to be a scale copy of the FA-77 of my 31 'Tiger' Squadron.
That was the full painted F-16 we had on our 2016 'NATO Tiger Meet'. It was my first exercise with the Belgian Air Force abroad.
So y'all might understand the sentimental value of it... (BTW, my wife pleaded not to fly it, because it is so special).
Here is my Freewing F-16 90mm EDF with it's full scale sister:

63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2021 at 2:11pm
Almost looks like that hobby is spilling over into an obsession!  Love the F-16.

'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2021 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by 63 Skier 63 Skier wrote:

Almost looks like that hobby is spilling over into an obsession!  Love the F-16.

Ha, I'm the guy with the least amount of planes in my club LOL

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic