NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

OJ 12.5x17 prop

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
brantb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brantb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: OJ 12.5x17 prop
    Posted: November-04-2021 at 6:35pm
Free prop pulled from a 99 ski tique. Has one blade messed up, but should be repairable.

wayoutthere View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wayoutthere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2021 at 3:21pm
Exactly what i'm looking for, i'll send a pm
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2021 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by wayoutthere wayoutthere wrote:

If this is to go on your 79 SN, it's not exactly what you should be looking for Wink

Your engine will be lugged down and working way too hard and the boat won't go any faster either.

It's for a boat with a 1.23 :1 PCM transmission 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wayoutthere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2021 at 7:09pm
Originally posted by KENO KENO wrote:

If this is to go on your 79 SN, it's not exactly what you should be looking for Wink

Your engine will be lugged down and working way too hard and the boat won't go any faster either.

It's for a boat with a 1.23 :1 PCM transmission 

No, it's for a project that will be moved up to the back burner,  thanks for looking out tho !
coincidentally i was going to start a v drive gear ratio(s) tech/pros-cons topic connection with the back burner to see if the v drive is worth whatever extra work it comes with it.
Thanks

Edit in: by the way what is the advantage of a gear reduction on the ski boats ?
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2021 at 9:25pm

by the way what is the advantage of a gear reduction on the ski boats ?

Just a rookie and likely to be corrected, but I am going to say low end torque and hole shot....kinda what skiers are after. Those things at the expense of top end, not so critical to skiers (i.e., 36 mph is plenty - tho a 1.23 will serve "most" footers pretty well too)
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2021 at 10:44pm
Just throwing this out there as well- the PCM 1.23 allowed CC to use more common left hand engines but still retain right hand rotation props. Now because of the built in down angle is that why it's 1.23 for clearance issues? Why was a 1:1 never built? 
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2021 at 11:10pm
Gary, I’m no expert and you half answered your own question. I don’t think the 1.23 has anything to do with the angle or the rotation. As you suggested, you could have those things with any gear ratio. I think it’s 1.23 because they wanted it to be 1.23 for the reasons I gave, just like Mastercraft had a 1.5.
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2021 at 7:31am

No, it's for a project that will be moved up to the back burner,  thanks for looking out tho !
coincidentally i was going to start a v drive gear ratio(s) tech/pros-cons topic connection with the back burner to see if the v drive is worth whatever extra work it comes with it.
Thanks

Edit in: by the way what is the advantage of a gear reduction on the ski boats ?

I think you should start that new thread, so any good info isn't buried in a free prop thread Wink

Otherwise I think Larry gave a good short answer but should have used the word "slightly" in a couple of places when talking holeshot and top end for a relatively light ski boat.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wayoutthere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2021 at 7:24pm
How much for the prop and shipping ?
I left my phone number in your pm mailbox
Thanks
brantb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brantb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2021 at 5:42pm
Sent a pm, bit I will get a quote and let you know.
brantb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brantb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2021 at 5:50pm
It is shipped

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wayoutthere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2021 at 4:00pm
Brant, the prop arrived today, thank you.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic