NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

When do secondaries kick in on 351

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2021 at 6:30am
Originally posted by nobrainsd nobrainsd wrote:

Killed a couple of transfer tube o rings while I was having fun with the carb. No more at Ace locally. Will have to road trip. 

If you want to never ever kill a fuel transfer tube O ring again, then get Holley part number 26-115. 

it's their newer style tube and end seal setup for a 4160.

They're almost people proof.Wink

PS ........some of those hardware store O rings aren't gas resistant and might work for a little while before they decide to leak.

nobrainsd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nobrainsd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2021 at 10:55am
Buna N rubber o rings should be here today from Mc Master Carr. 3/8 x 1/4 x 1/16. 100 pcs/$2.38 Lifetime supply!
nobrainsd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nobrainsd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2021 at 11:10am
Just an update. My new needle and seat finally arrived at O'Reillys. Took a couple of days. Should have ordered from Summit. Parts I ordered from Summit were fulfilled by their Sparks Nevada warehouse and came the next day when sent regular mail :)
The old needle didn't appear different than the new one. The viton tip felt flexible and didn't have any ridges or worn areas. But, obviously, it wasn't easily sealing on the seat. 
When I installed the new needle and seat it was easy to set the float height and the fuel bowl level was right on with no overflowing j tubes. I should have just been patient and replaced the offending parts when I couldn't adjust them to function properly rather than trying to find some sweet spot in the set up. Boat fires right up and runs great. Secondaries kick in under load and were never the problem. Restricted flow to the primaries was the issue.
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2021 at 2:03pm
A WIN, good for you.  It sucks when boats don’t run right.
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2021 at 8:11am
Good to see that in the end, you didn't have to do anything oddball and all it needed was new needle and seat assemblies. Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic