Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Velvet Drive Cavitation

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Mooooose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mooooose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Velvet Drive Cavitation
    Posted: September-13-2021 at 8:04pm
I just had my carburetor rebuilt and when I took my 1984 Ski Nautique out to test it, the transmission started slipping or cavitating, The fluid is at proper level, and color is good. Any ideas what to do next?
Mike - 1984 Ski Nautique 2001 Owner
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2021 at 8:24pm
Mike,
Do a fluid change on the trans. Maybe you'll get lucky but if not, the trans will need at least a forward clutch pack.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Mooooose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mooooose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2021 at 8:29pm
Will try that tomorrow, although it was changed last fall before winterizing. I put the boat in the water in June, and took the carburetor off to e rebuilt and just reinstalled it this morning. I took the boat out and it ran great for about 2 minutes, and then when I accellerated again, it started slipping or cavitating. I will keep you posted on what happens.

Thanks a lot!
GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2021 at 8:41pm
And try some extra fluid before declaring it compromised
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole
Mooooose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mooooose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2021 at 1:51am
Will do. Thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic