Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Prop Help!

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
NewbieSkier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewbieSkier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Prop Help!
    Posted: September-13-2021 at 5:00pm

Good afternoon!

I recently joined the CC family when I traded for a 1962 Correct Craft Compact Skier! I immediately did a full inspection to make sure everything was solid (since it is a plywood body) and a part some minor body issues she looks great!

Took it out on the water with my brother, and we went from elation to great sadness as we had to be towed back to shore after we lost propulsion. The engine sounds great but we were not getting any movement.

From our research it looks like an issue with the hub inside the prop. After inspecting the prop it has seen better days as the cavitation severely damaged the prop (literally shredded the edges). So now I am in need of a new one. It currently has a two blade prop on the Eaton Marine Powernaut Drive (sterndrive connected to a 1962 Ford Interceptor V6). When I search for replacements I am seeing primarily 3 blade props. As a new boat owner, is there a huge difference between 2 blade and 3 blade props? What do I need to keep in mind for replacing it? Any suggestions?

Thank you so much in advance for your help! Excited to be apart of the CC fam!

Jonah

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2021 at 5:42pm
Jonah,
You have a very unique boat and also a very unique out drive. Your's may be the only left in the world? If you have a prop repair shop close, that would be the first place I would go. Otherwise get in touch with a supplier of props to see if they couls help.

Michigan Wheel goes way back to the era so they may be someone that could help too.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewbieSkier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2021 at 5:55pm
Thank you so much for your response! My brother and I have had a hard time finding a lot of info on the boat due to its uniqueness and rarity. I will definitely take the prop by a local supplier. Thanks for that suggestion! And thank you for the Michigan Wheel suggestion. I will also reach out to them to see if they have any replacement suggestions.
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2021 at 6:32pm
Calling Art Cozier!
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2021 at 11:15pm
Very Unique boat, to answer your question about 2 blade vs 3 blade the 2 blade props can spin a little faster the 3 blade props tend to pull more water.  In slow speed take offs a 3 blade will pull harder than a 2 blade.  On a high speed run the 2 blade usually gets you going a few more MPH than the 3 blade if all else is equal.  You probably want to match the pitch and diameter of what you have as a starting point.  I would take what is available either 2 or 3 blade if it is the right diameter with the similar pitch.  Best of luck with your project.

67 ski nat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 ski nat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2021 at 9:13am
Welcome. Cool boat. You will get it going

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewbieSkier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2021 at 7:27pm
Thank you so much, MrMcD! This was super helpful! Will be taking it by our local boat shop and see if they can help us find one like it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic