Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How to Check Engine Hours

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
kylake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kylake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to Check Engine Hours
    Posted: August-30-2021 at 10:04pm
I do not know much about engine diagnostics so hope this question isn't too simple.
What is the lowest cost tool or software I can buy to check the engine hours on a 2008 5.7 GM PCM engine?  I found some expensive options like the Diacom software and the TechMate Pro scan tool.  Are there other less costly alternatives?  I know I could tow it to a Correct Craft dealer, but I would have to ask around to borrow a truck and then drive 1.5 hours one way.  The boat sits on a lift and I do not own a tow vehicle.  Thanks.
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2021 at 11:39pm
I believe that most modern Correct Craft boats come with an hour meter as standard equipment.  The hour meter can be a stand-alone gauge or it can be incorporated into the tachometer or other electronic wizardry and instrumentation.  Perfect Pass also has a built-in hour meter.  Is there a problem with the hour meter on the boat you are looking at?  Are you concerned that the hour meter is not working or has been disconnected or is otherwise inaccurate and does not display the correct engine hours?  Does the boat have PP?

JQ
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
kylake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kylake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2021 at 12:12am
The boat does have an hour gauge in the tachometer, but just wanted to verify that those were actual hours.  I guess the gauge could have been replaced at some point; no evidence, but just want to know for the peace of mind.  The boat is a 196 with Zero Off.
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2021 at 1:20am
Got it.  No PP, just ZO.

JQ
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
kylake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kylake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2021 at 8:10am
No PerfectPass, just Zero Off which was probably factory installed.  Does Zero Off keep up with engine hours also?

Thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic