NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Boat is just too small...

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
ultrarunner View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Boat is just too small...
    Posted: August-24-2021 at 4:27pm
I knew it would happen...3 kids, one more dad, gear, cooler, changing rotations, etc...just no room at all in this SN. I'm thinking a Sport for next year is in order....putting it out there.
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2021 at 5:05pm
Ha Ha your a couple years and boat behind me.

I said the same about my '95 Sig. hated like heck to sell that gem but two girls, wife, dog, boom and extended pylon, wakeboard and ski just not enough room. (It did have some seriously nice built in coolers though Big smile)
  Took quite awhile to find one worth the money being asked, that seemed to be the real challenge. I think we here at CCF have a different view on how a boat should be cared for and maintained. Wink  
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2021 at 5:28pm
S-N-O-B

I put the grand-kiddos up front in the "playpen".  My daughter (19) always sits up there with a friend or 2.  We have taken 6 people skiing.  A bit crowded, but it works.  Another option is to have a jump-seat built to go directly behind the driver seat.

JQ
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2021 at 6:00pm
Playpens suck  Thumbs Down 
 Even with my kids 10 and 14 and one of their friends, very, very rarely do we have the center cushion in the walk thru bow. Maybe if we're just floating and sunning they will put it in.
 JMHO Wink
desertskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2021 at 6:39pm
Bowriders suck! Make it work, we did. 3 adults, 2 kids with friends, two dogs, large ice chest, fat sacks, wakeboards and skis.  Although it did help to have a pole with a board rack.  Once the kids turn 18 they won't want to be seen with you anyway and you will love your SN again and will be glad you kept it.
92 SN - Owned since 93
99 Pro Air
89 SN - Went to live on a lake in Texas
75 Donzi 16 - Sold in 93
JD ski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2021 at 6:52pm
My friend has a 2001. I still have a Century Resorter 18 ft.. We both have 4 people in our families. Both boats were crowded. He grew up in Southern California and his family worked at a camp and he taught water skiing. He told me Super Sport would be the boat to have for the way we go to the lake with other families, many kids and on moderate size lakes. My wife was ready to up grade out boat so when I found a 99 AIR Air Natique with 124 hours on it, no rack, no ballast, no cruse control/perfect what ever, factory jump seat, removable deck, tandem axle trail with folding tongue, white with black and red trim and gray carpet, this boat was ordered as a family ski boat. It was exactly what we were looking for.

We bought it. We traveled 11 hours one way to get it. I was told you have to be willing to travel to were people have a lot of money to have made the original purchase. Then those people are to busy to use the boat often so the boats sit in their garages most of the time.

We made the purchase in the fall of 2016 and it made the calendar cover for 2017. We frequently have eight people on board four of the girls are fairly small and yes it is crowded. As the kids are growing up I am trying to limit the number of people on board. I can't think of a better boat for family and friends ski days. Although I do not like the look of towers on boats, a tower would give you an easy access storage area for skis. Yes finding them in pristine condition is hard. I have seen similar boats with a 1000 more hours than I currently have on mine and new upholstery from C&S Marine asking $7-9000 more than I paid. Southern California is the meca of needing the newest model to keep up with the Jones I know of so old Super Sports are sooo out of date. A good place to look.
JD ski, slicing, dicing, and shredding since 1981

1999 Air Nautique, GT40 Pro Boss, Trail Rite trailer
1975 Century Resorter
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2021 at 6:58pm
I’m up to speed on the Sport JD. My previous’99 was my first CC. Thanks for the write up.
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2021 at 9:34pm
Y'all are haters!  Wink

We love the little open-bow for family stuff.  I can't keep my little grand-daughters out of the open bow.  The open-bow provides additional room and storage when things get a bit too crowded.  It also helps the ski wake when there are more than 3 people in the boat.

You damn kids get off my lawn...and out of my playpen!

JQ
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2021 at 12:04pm
  LOL
JD ski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2021 at 1:06pm
M1 Garand and the Grand Daddy of cool.with the green Grand Tourino.

1975 Century Resorter
67 ski nat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 ski nat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2021 at 9:53am
‘You’re gonna need a bigger boat ‘
-Jaws, circa 1975-
GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2021 at 10:29am
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2021 at 12:10pm
U/R

When you need a combination of speed, plenty of room, a playpen and maybe even a changing room and a crapper..............well, you need a tritoon with a big outboard or 2 0r 3 Wink

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2021 at 3:28pm
Ok, I'm likely going to put my current 1996 SN on the market come Spring. Should anyone have an interest, shoot me a PM. On the hunt for the Sport.
JD ski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2021 at 5:15pm
Take a look at the for sale section on page five and see if anything interests you there. They may not still be for sale. The one in Ashland OR list it as a Super Air Natique, The stickers say Pro Air Natique. There appears to be a center dog house but no center ski pylon only a rear. Price looks decent. The other boat is listed as a 2003 Super Sport and the price is well what it is listed as.

1975 Century Resorter
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2021 at 10:14pm
Hi JD, thanks for the heads up. I did see both those listings when they came out last year. Both those folks will get an email.
rebel skier View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebel skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2021 at 7:11am
Hotty Toddy lets go skiing!
reed462 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reed462 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2021 at 7:34am
81 Ski tique and we are able to make it work. Boards sit on the right side behind drivers seat next to the motor box. Driver, spotter, someone on the floor on the other side of the motor box and or someone laying down resting their back up against the back of the motor box. IMO bow riders ruin the classic look of these boats so i absolutely love the tique even with its narrowness, and shortness. 
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2021 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by reed462 reed462 wrote:

81 Ski tique and we are able to make it work. 

That's cuz you're a kid and Ultrarunner can get AARP discounts  Wink
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2021 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by KENO KENO wrote:

Originally posted by reed462 reed462 wrote:

81 Ski tique and we are able to make it work. 

That's cuz you're a kid and Ultrarunner can get AARP discounts  Wink

LOL  I knew there was a reason I held on to the '85,

Me to wife - It's OK honey, there's plenty of room you can sit on the floor with the dog Ouch
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2021 at 6:23pm
This one came up yesterday on FB. Still has the covid up charge on it though Unhappy
https://www.facebook.com/commerce/listing/1682935265249358/?media_id=0&ref=share_attachment

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2021 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

This one came up yesterday on FB. Still has the covid up charge on it though Unhappy
https://www.facebook.com/commerce/listing/1682935265249358/?media_id=0&ref=share_attachment

Linky no worky, on my cut and paste.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2021 at 10:43am
94 on FB today. Might be a problem since its purple......
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2021 at 11:01am
That's a good looking boat and ready to go. Easily worth his ask, IMO. If I didn't want the rear trunk, I'd give it some thought.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2021 at 3:59pm
My 1996 SN should be up on the For Sale listings in a day or two. GiddyUP!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2021 at 10:40pm
Python in Pa
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/327641702439091/
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2021 at 11:23pm
Thanks Gun. My family is under strict orders to have me committed by the near mention of a V-drive. Can risk my medical! And rightfully so Wink
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2021 at 12:06am
But just think of all the mechanical expertise you could gain from having a vdrive.... That's just crazy money anyway-back in '13 when I was looking there was a 98-99,not sure which now, Python Super Sport  at Orlando Nautiques for around 20. Was going to look at it but TRBenj advised me they were loud since there was no room for a muffler with that engine. 
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2021 at 2:32am
I’d like to know why a boat with only 325 hrs on it needed a complete interior already ???
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2021 at 5:37am
Originally posted by gun-driver gun-driver wrote:

I’d like to know why a boat with only 325 hrs on it needed a complete interior already ???

Maybe at some time in the roughly 184,000 hours it's been in existence, one of the previous owners didn't exactly take very good care of it  Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic