Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

voltage indicator

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
91SpNautique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 91SpNautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: voltage indicator
    Posted: August-15-2021 at 10:12pm
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2021 at 6:14am
Something tells me you're  having trouble posting anything after you filled in the title.

Your only other post (from last October) is blank too

If you go to the Quick Reply box that's at the bottom of the page after this post, fill it in with your words and click Reply Wink
359 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 359 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2021 at 12:59pm
I clicked on thios thread because I noticed something peculiar on my boat. When running, it will maybe show 12 volts, and when I turn the lights on, it drops down to 10 volts. I'm going to take some tools next time I go and check to see if the gauge is accurate.
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2021 at 1:50pm
Your dash instrument wiring isn't the best, but that's how CC built it.  You might say it's normalWink

When you turn the lights on, you'll probably notice your gas gauge change, your oil pressure change and your engine temperature change. They're not really changing, just the indication is changing due to voltage drop to the instruments when a load powered from the dash wiring is started.

You'll see the same thing when you turn the blower on.

Your gauge may say 12 volts when running, but you should check battery voltage with a multimeter while the boat is running. It should be more like 13 to 14 volts at the battery if your alternator is working right
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic