Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Tow Vehicle on Order

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
Author
AlfaDon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlfaDon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2021 at 1:31am
"The lovely Mrs. Quest has decided that she wants a 5th wheel RV / Trailer. "

aka Jessie Bannon lol
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2021 at 1:35am
Just think Jonny, in the future you will be able to tow all your friends boats to the lake, AT THE SAME TIME.
What is your new beast rated to tow 25-35,000 pounds!  BTW:  Car and Driver said Ford uses computer controls to keep your engine from breaking their parts so when you floor it the computer decides how fast you will take off.  The Dodge and Chevy were faster at the drag strip because of this programming but who cares, your truck will haul the bacon for you.
You know a few years back Audi ran a 10 cylinder Diesel at the 24 hours of Lemans and WON.  The power and gas mileage gave them a step up on the competition.  Have not heard about them doing that since, regulations probably pushed them out of the race.
Hope you see your new truck soon.
fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2021 at 8:55am
That M-11 cummins with a full payload going up hill will not get you a speeding ticket ever!
2004 196 LE Ski 1969 Marauder 19 1978 Ski
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2021 at 9:42am
Originally posted by MrMcD MrMcD wrote:

You know a few years back Audi ran a 10 cylinder Diesel at the 24 hours of Lemans and WON.  The power and gas mileage gave them a step up on the competition.  Have not heard about them doing that since, regulations probably pushed them out of the race.

Keep thinking that Mark- could not have possibly been the cheating involved in the corporate diesel scandal 😳
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2021 at 1:20pm
JQ, what I struggle with on that Diesel scandal is the fact that those old illegal VW engines were getting an easy 50+ mpg highway but were illegal.  They fix the computer control and now they only get 36-40 MPG.  So they burn 20% more fossil fuel but now they are considered clean?  I struggle with that one.  We want clean air but it seems like someone wants less MPG in the process.  
Go to a Tractor Pull, those buggers put out enough black smoke to choke a city each night and that is legal.
Warning on your Ford, be very careful to never put the DEF in your fuel tank.  It is a $25,000 repair if that is done.  The DEF is very high acid content and it takes out the entire fuel system.  Fuel Lines, Injectors and the fuel tank.   It has happened so often that Ford now sells a repair KIT with all these parts included.  Might want a separate lock on that cap and keep control over it yourself.  
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2021 at 3:04pm

JQ, what I struggle with on that Diesel scandal is the fact that those old illegal VW engines were getting an easy 50+ mpg highway but were illegal.  They fix the computer control and now they only get 36-40 MPG.  So they burn 20% more fossil fuel but now they are considered clean?  I struggle with that one.  We want clean air but it seems like someone wants less MPG in the process. 

[JQ Climbs on soapbox]  The "culture kookiness" is enough to make my head explode.  My company is in the petroleum, refining, mining and electric power industries.  All of these industries are coming under attack from some special interest group -- and often from governmental agencies.  The amount of MIS-information and DIS-information is shocking.  The vast majority of "John Q Public" is so poorly informed, yet it seems to be driving legislation, policy and public opinion.

Warning on your Ford, be very careful to never put the DEF in your fuel tank.  It is a $25,000 repair if that is done.  The DEF is very high acid content and it takes out the entire fuel system.  Fuel Lines, Injectors and the fuel tank.   It has happened so often that Ford now sells a repair KIT with all these parts included.  Might want a separate lock on that cap and keep control over it yourself.  

I've been around Class 8 trucks all my life, so I'm aware of the perils of Diesel Exhaust Fluid in the wrong tank.  Thanks, however, for the reminder as one foul-up will be a very bad, very expensive day.

JQ
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2021 at 3:49pm
I spent the last 8 Years working in Heavy Duty, we supplied the internal Engine parts and Wheel end components, brakes, seals, bearings for Class 8 Trucks.  Prior 20 years in Automotive.  We had the OEM contracts for Cummins, Cat, Detroit, Ford and GM on many of the engines.  Our main competitor was Mahle.
We did not do much with the Volvo PacCar Diesel engines.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2021 at 3:37pm
We live in kooky times...

I'm preparing for the new F-350 truck, so I put my Toyota 4Runner up for sale to help finance the new diesel monster.  Well, I just sold the 4Runner -- and I got $3,000 MORE than I paid for it.  Damn.  Yes, it was a nice rig.  Yes, it had nice tires and wheels.  Yes it's a one-owner vehicle, but...32,000 miles...3 years "free" driving...plus $3 grand extra in the bank.  What the Ford is going on?

JQ
Current

Previous

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2021 at 4:38pm
I've been thinking about doing similar, replacing my diesel 2500 with a newer version, and selling both the older pickup and my Durango.  While the prices on the newer (I'm looking at 2016-2018) pickups are frightening, the price I can get on the two vehicles is pretty compelling.

I heard this morning that GM is idling some US plants because of the chip shortage.  The prices on vehicles, new and used, isn't going to drop in the short term.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2021 at 8:36pm
You screwed up big time here Jonny. Wink

Since your 4Runner is gone, Ford is gonna notify you that your truck won't be produced for 2 more years and then you'll end up buying a Subaru Forester to tow your boat with
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2021 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by KENO KENO wrote:

You screwed up big time here Jonny. Wink

Since your 4Runner is gone, Ford is gonna notify you that your truck won't be produced for 2 more years and then you'll end up buying a Subaru Forester to tow your boat with

I’d be lying if I said that thought hadn’t crossed my mind…

“News Update” 
Due to the semiconductor chip shortage, Ford has cancelled the 2022 model year.  2023 vehicles will be available for pre-orders at the mid-term elections. 

JQ
Current

Previous

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2021 at 11:32pm
I spoke with friends at the old Federal Mogul Company, now known as DRIV, they are in the same boat as Ford and all the other manufacturers.  The Chip shortage has shut down production at all the manufacturers, Federal Mogul’s sales are way off because they supply parts to all the OE companies and the OE companies are not producing.   It will have a large ripple effect if the Chip companies don’t come back on line.   The story is the main producer of chips got hit hard at the plant by COVID and shut down.
67 ski nat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 ski nat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2021 at 5:09am
And there’s 3 trillion in free money out there. For some reason people feel rich not working
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2021 at 10:41am
Originally posted by 67 ski nat 67 ski nat wrote:

And there’s 3 trillion in free money out there. For some reason people feel rich not working

That’s AOC’s platform, she’ll tell you that’s the way it should be.
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2021 at 10:55am
These supply chain problems are going to get more common going forward I think.  The insulation shortage after the Texas ice storms has never recovered, now this chip shortage seems like it's going to be here for a while, and like MrMcD said the ripple effect is huge as those auto plants are shut down.

I usually browse around at boats but haven't been doing so lately, I need to take a look at used boat pricing out of curiosity.
AlfaDon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlfaDon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2021 at 12:27pm
We need to stay away from political discussions.

It turns out that unless you’re BofA
You’re going to have to pay the money back
67 ski nat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 ski nat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2021 at 10:05pm
Yes alfadon your right.
But politics is starting to effect our lives
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2021 at 10:28am
Originally posted by 67 ski nat 67 ski nat wrote:

Yes alfadon your right.
But politics is starting to effect our lives

Daryn, I guess I agree with Don.  Not that we can't discuss whatever any of us wants to discuss, but a guy posts a thread about his new truck he has on order, doesn't need to turn into a political conversation.

Now if we start talking Ford vs. GM vs. RAM, that might really get ugly!
ArtCozier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArtCozier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2021 at 5:20pm
You guys are scaring me!  In 1970's I towed a double-deck trailer with two Ski Nautiques and their respective trailers on it from Orlando FL to a ski site about 100 miles south of Mexico City with a Dodge MaxiVan with a 360 engine and no add-on tow equipment other than the trailer hitch. The only problem I had was the 85 octane (they claimed) Mexican gasoline caused the 360 to rattle a lot, so I stopped and backed off the timing a bit.  I figured the double decker weighed about 3000 and each SN with trailer 3000 each.  
"Art"
woodyelc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woodyelc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2021 at 4:13pm
I remember those days.
woodyelc
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2021 at 6:06pm

The story is the main producer of chips got hit hard at the plant by COVID and shut down.

I also heard that along with COVID the plant had a large fire that set them back.  I heard Camaro stopped production due to lack of front splitters and spoilers for the cars. F-150's are parked at Kentucky Speedway waiting on Chips for the computers. 

I sell machinery and over the last 10 years all of the components have been offshored. Our business has been great, but we can't ship anything. Our Backlogs are crazy high, but shipments are slow.  We are sitting on our hands waiting for the containers to arrive. We also have to bid on containers to get one. The containers ship to the US but are not going back overseas because their economy has not recovered as fast as the US economy.  We have changed ports of entry several times and are constantly changing logistic companies to try to get the components to the US plant at a faster pace. 

On another note, my in laws are full time RV ers for the last 12 years.  He moved to a dully because when pulling the camper and getting passed by tractor trailers would make the Fifth Wheel dance slightly and it caused an uneasy feeling. That went away with the more stable dully.  
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2021 at 9:35am
According to Blue Oval scheduling, the truck will be built the last week of November.  That’s sooner than I was expecting.  Maybe see a delivery date around Christmas/New Years.  

JQ
Current

Previous

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2021 at 11:55am
Will make a nice Christmas present!   My buddy has the Platinum version of your truck, a couple years old.  Since he bought that truck his wife is always borrowing it rather than drive her BMW.  He says she loves driving it.  Better hold on to your keys!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2021 at 11:12am
Blue Oval is full of surprises.

Ford just sent me a notice that the truck is "In Production".  I also got the window sticker.  I'm more than just a little surprised that this custom order has come together so quickly.  With the micro-chip shortages, supply chain shortages, labor shortages, etc., I was fully expecting a January or February 2022 delivery.

Damn, I might see this bad-boy before Christmas.

I hope I don't stretch the Nautique trailer tongue with all those ponies and torque!

JQ
Current

Previous

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2021 at 12:09pm
What they aren't telling you is it will have crank windows and an AM radio, and the backup camera is called a mirror.
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2021 at 6:03am
Originally posted by Jonny Quest Jonny Quest wrote:

Blue Oval is full of surprises.

Ford just sent me a notice that the truck is "In Production".  I also got the window sticker.  I'm more than just a little surprised that this custom order has come together so quickly.  With the micro-chip shortages, supply chain shortages, labor shortages, etc., I was fully expecting a January or February 2022 delivery.

Damn, I might see this bad-boy before Christmas.

I hope I don't stretch the Nautique trailer tongue with all those ponies and torque!

JQ

Jonny, It's almost here............Christmas that is.

How about the truck, is it almost here or still "IN Production" ?  

Or maybe it's here already Wink
desertskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2021 at 10:16am
I've been looking at new 1 ton duallys lately for the same reason as JQ.  Looks like some RAM's are making it to the dealers but haven't seen any Fords yet.  Maybe Ford is only doing special orders.  Guess I'll find out when I'm ready to pull the trigger.  Let us know when it shows up.  Hopefully cars and trucks start showing up soon.  The used market is ridiculous.
92 SN - Owned since 93
99 Pro Air
89 SN - Went to live on a lake in Texas
75 Donzi 16 - Sold in 93
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2021 at 10:19am
Kris Kringle didn't let me down...IT'S HERE

Apologies for the sucky picture, but the light was fading.  The color is called "Anti-Matter" blue.  It should be called "Black-Unless-Direct-Sunlight-At-Noon".  

Holy horsepower, Batman, this thing is stupid-fast.  1,050 pound-feet of torque may just land my fanny in traffic court.  Christmas bonus: even Mrs. Quest approves.

The dates on the Ford vehicle tracking website moved around a bit, but this is what Blue Oval showed on delivery day:
08/20/2021 - Order Confirmed
11/24/2021 - In Production
12/01/2021 - Built
12/16/2021 - Delivery to Dealer

Happy Holidays, y'all.

JQ

Current

Previous

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
desertskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2021 at 10:49am
Sweet looking beast!
92 SN - Owned since 93
99 Pro Air
89 SN - Went to live on a lake in Texas
75 Donzi 16 - Sold in 93
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2021 at 11:03am
Wow, that thing is awesome!  Agree, the power is insane, spinning tires with ease on a 7,500 lb. vehicle is some serious torque.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
  Share Topic