Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Floating Dock Set Up Ideas

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Otto Throttle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Otto Throttle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Floating Dock Set Up Ideas
    Posted: August-03-2021 at 7:00pm
I just purchased a floating dock so I can keep my boat in the water for a couple of days at a time. I need help in figuring out the best way to tie up. I just dont want to have the boat rubbing up against a bumper. The floating dock is inside a marina and does not have wave action to deal with.

I would like some advice on your set ups (pictures a great help) as well as the pros and cons of your current rig.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Otto
Otto
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2021 at 7:05pm
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2021 at 9:16pm
Adam Dean told me about Hippy Hop balls for kids with built in handles. Get the small for smaller kids. I have used them for bumpers for years and they work great. Get two for each side.  Kid sit on them and hold the handle and jump. 
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Otto Throttle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2021 at 6:40pm
I think the whips will be great!  My question is: my boat is a 1999 SN which has no cleats… I was going to attach them to the lifting rings which are in the center of the boat verses the cleats on the side….That would mean I need longer whips correct?  How do I know what size whips to buy?
Otto
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2021 at 9:00pm
Read the description on their website.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Otto Throttle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2021 at 10:52pm
Gun... it’s late and I’m tired... I don’t know what you want me to read!   Thanks!
Otto
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2021 at 11:50pm

The practical alternative to marine railways, davits and lifts, these fiberglass Mooring Whips are exceptionally strong, attractive and do not obstruct your waterfront view. Each whip mounts with a durable cast aluminum base with built-in cleat.

These quality Mooring Whips act as a spring to maintain your boat at a safe convenient distance away from your dock to prevent impacts caused by waves or the wakes of other passing watercraft. Complete with double braided nylon whip lines, spring lines, and stainless steel mounting hardware. Some mooring areas may be too rough for any type of tie-up system. Weight is more critical than boat length when selecting the correct size of whip.

Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
JayG80 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JayG80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2021 at 8:43am
Dp
2007 Ski
2002 Ski
JayG80 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JayG80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2021 at 8:45am
Can't make hyper link work after 2 attempts, Thanks Pete.

No experience with this but looks interesting
2007 Ski
2002 Ski
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2021 at 9:40am

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic