NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

92' PCM 1:1.23 Transmission Fluid low

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
apolonie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote apolonie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 92' PCM 1:1.23 Transmission Fluid low
    Posted: August-02-2021 at 10:37am
Hey guys,

Noticed that my transmission fluid is very very low, it calls for SAE 20 20W engine oil to be put in there. Do you guys have a specific brand that you like, or know what was put in there at the factory? Trying to stay consistent. Also, when you guys add fluid, how much do you put in at a time to check? I know you don't want to overfill it. Thanks for the help!
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2021 at 12:05pm
Alex,
The 20w hasn't been used in a few years. Are you seeing the 20w in an older manual? Anyway, use Dex-Merc ATF (automatic trans fluid) in it. 

What color is the fluid in it now? If red, it's already got ATF in it. 

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
apolonie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote apolonie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2021 at 2:50pm
Hey pete,

Yep I took your advice and put ATF in it. I started another thread in general about filling up the tranny fluid and the experience I had there. LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic