Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Looking to purchase my first ski boat

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
cerealkiller828 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cerealkiller828 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Looking to purchase my first ski boat
    Posted: July-21-2021 at 5:28pm
Hey guys! I’m brand new to the forum (first post) but I have been lurking around for a little bit reading discussions and post. I have found and 1988 ski nautique 2001 for sale on FB market place for $3500 bucks. They have just a few photos and do not converse well. the boat has been sitting for the last 6 years under a covered storage area. They say it ran before it was last put up. It’s a 3 hour drive for me to get to it to inspect it (it’s in Gainesville Georgia) I know from reading here that the stringers are a concern and the hours on the engine are unknown. Outside of jumping up and down on it and bring a new battery and testing the engine for compression, anything else I should be looking for? The current market is ridiculous on price and this is a steal if everything is good. Let me know what I should be looking out for. Here is a link to the boat (hoping no one buys it out from under me)

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/535486034536605/
desertskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2021 at 5:46pm
The guy that's on his way to buy it says thanks!
92 SN - Owned since 93
99 Pro Air
89 SN - Went to live on a lake in Texas
75 Donzi 16 - Sold in 93

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cerealkiller828 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2021 at 5:55pm
Thanks bro
rebel skier View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebel skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2021 at 6:14pm
88 is a great boat.  Based on those pics, worth looking at IMHO.

Did you find the FAQ thread, some good links for you there:

I hope it works out for you.  
Hotty Toddy lets go skiing!
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2021 at 8:05pm
Buy it.  Don’t walk…run. 
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cerealkiller828 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2021 at 8:57pm
Thanks for the link
samudj01 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samudj01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2021 at 9:26pm
If you are serious I would go look ASAP. Looks like a deal. The upholstery looks really good from the photos which leads me to believe the hrs may be on the lower side. Could be replaced upholstery but looks original. Carpet looks good too and the engine is clean. Hopefully the hr meter shows something. Someone else can chime in on this…You may not have to start the engine to see if he meter works. May only have to turn the key and watch? As for stringers, at that price you can take the risk. Engine too. Hopefully one or the other or both are good. Compression is a good test. Also if you can get it running would be nice to make sure it doesn’t have freeze damage. Prob not in gainsville but possibly. Also looks like it had some gel repair on the chine…or it is just dirty. The color will come back with buffing or sanding. I would go for it. Negotiate harder if they won’t let you test and try to start it.
78 Ski Tique, 72 Skier w/302's, 93 SN w/351 & 17 GS22 w/zr409
Previous - 99 Sport Nautique w/GT40 and 87 Martinique w/351
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2021 at 9:30pm
Buy it if it floats & runs.

Jon boats go for $3500 in my town.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2021 at 5:40am
It's just down the road from me. If you message the owner and it's still available. Let me know and I'll go have a looksie for you. From the pics it looks like a pretty good deal and she'll clean up. If you map it, I'll be a stones throw from it as there is a classic boat owners gathering at Pelican Pete's at Port Royal Marina tonight. Kermit and I will be making the trip by sea to have a few brews and look at other old boats.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
burban65 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burban65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2021 at 11:57am
Tim - sent you a PM....just FYI
SRB
pjsmoreno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pjsmoreno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2021 at 2:13pm
Just from the pics the interior looks like it's been taken care of!
Worth the trip to check out. It will clean up nicely.....
bamajeeps View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bamajeeps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2021 at 3:04pm
I've been trying to look at this boat for a week. She is taking offers and then you can look at it. She has several offers over her asking price.
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2021 at 12:47am
So...what happened?  Did you buy it?  If so, how much?
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2021 at 8:01am
So I was gonna go look at it but when I called ...I was told sale was pending..... Looked this morning and it was listed as sold........ Anyone here snag it?
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cerealkiller828 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2021 at 8:05am
Originally posted by Jonny Quest Jonny Quest wrote:

So...what happened?  Did you buy it?  If so, how much?

Nah I don’t really like dealing with people that are very vague with information. Didn’t feel right. I Just let it go. Plus the price kept going up.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic