Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1983 SN 2001 dash wiring photos

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
dasboat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dasboat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1983 SN 2001 dash wiring photos
    Posted: July-21-2021 at 1:29pm
Can someone with 1983 SN 2001 take some photos of the wiring behind the dash for me? I had an electrical issue while out on the water and I hastily tried to fix the issue and disconnected some wires. I have an idea and also have a hand drawn wiring diagram but it doesn't seem complete or the same as my boat. thanks again!
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2021 at 8:11pm
Since nobody seems to be diving under their dash to take pictures, why don't you describe your problem and maybe you'll get some help?  Wink
dasboat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dasboat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2021 at 10:12am
Yeah that is a tall order and I understand, sure is a pain to get under there and take some clear pictures.

So I was out on the water all was fine, cut the motor off and anchored for a few hours. When I go back to start it, the dash won't get any power. New battery and ran the bilge so no power issues. But it was a complete power disconnect to the dash and therefore not starting either. Figured it was a fuse or a shorted/disconnected wire. Troubleshot everything you could imagine and there were a few loose connections which I tightened. In the end had to get a tow and never figured it out on the water.

After some research I figured it to be the neutral safety switch and changed that out. Still nothing. Then when I removed the grey colored electrical cover with "Pleasurecraft Marine Engines" written on it I noticed the red button with "40" written on it. Pushed that button and voila. And then I noticed the button is actually visible through that cover. Imagine how dumb I felt... whoops! 

Anyways now I have a loose light grey colored wire behind the dash. Seems to be for the bow and stern lights. I don't want to create another issue so I'm apprehensive to just attach it where I think it goes. I would post pictures if I could. 
dasboat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dasboat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2021 at 10:13am
Also, what would cause that red button to trip?
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2021 at 10:31am

I'd imagine you have the black and white of this picture, skillfully colored by JTerr when he was having some issues.

Besides the lights, there's also a gray wire going to the tach (it's colored black in his picture, but says gray.
dasboat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dasboat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2021 at 10:40am
exactly what I needed! I did have the black and white copy. thanks so much!
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2021 at 11:27am
We don’t need a reference section…just put up a link to KENO.
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic