Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 2006 SANTE 220 idle speed only, could be ECM, TAC?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2006 SANTE 220 idle speed only, could be ECM, TAC?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
jmc1correct View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmc1correct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2006 SANTE 220 idle speed only, could be ECM, TAC?
    Posted: July-17-2021 at 11:33am
Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me.

Summary details:
Boat tarp leaked badly over the winter while on the trailer outside and the dumb newbie owner (me) didn't know to pull the drain plug. As a result most of the engine (up to the potentiometer (TCS) was under water for some time. In addition there was probably a layer of ice on the top as some point. The ice looks like it cracked the plastic of the TCS so I have already replaced that.

The boat will turn on just fine, but it will not go above idle speed (not limp mode). The throttle stick will put the boat in gear (forward and reverse) but there is literally zero impact of the engine rpm regardless of moving the stick. After replacing the TCS I also moved it manually and same result. Looking for ideas on what to check next.

I figure given the amount of water I took on, any of the electronics (TAC, TPS, ECM) could be faulty, but I have also read on these forums that it could also be a grounding issue. I was hoping some folks could let me know what to check first. Also, I know where the TPS and TAC modules are as they are right on top, but having trouble finding the ECM box. I see it in the illustrated parts manual, but there is no indication of where the bracket and ECM atttaches to the actual engine. Pictures welcome.

Thanks again everyone.
Mpost View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2021 at 8:07am
What is the TCS (potentionmeter? Looking at teh 2006 PCM parts manuals I find no psrts listed by that term. Is thiis a drive by wire of a cable throttle? did you check the oil in the engine for water????
84 SN Sold   98 SN    Lund Pro V   1975 Alumacraft

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmc1correct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2021 at 10:27am
Sorry I said potentiometer, looks like PCM doesn't use that term.  Part number below.  It it was converts the cable throttle position into the electronic signal for the electronic speed control.  While the boat is a late model 2006 it technically has the 2007 ZR6 PCM engine (from the factory)

1 RA119004 1 Throttle Control Position (TCP) Sensor Assembly

I have checked Oil, Trans, and no signs of water.  Motor starts and idles fine (does not sound rough at all).  Pretty sure this is an electronic problem not mechanical, but still happy to keep investigating.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmc1correct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2021 at 10:37am
Update on additional efforts so far: I have disconnected the batteries, removed all the fuses from the ECM and the two main transmission lines from the ECM (so totally disconnected). Same for the TAC. No obvious signs of corrosion or water intrusion. I re-attached everything and still have the same issue. Starts great but only idle. I have checked the throttle cable (and even manually moved the Throttle Control Position (TCP) Sensor Assembly. I was calling this part the potentiometer). I have also pushed the button to disengage the transmission and tried to rev the engine same result. Thank you all for the questions, keep them coming I still haven't found the fix yet.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic