Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bimini attachment

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
gtisports View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gtisports Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bimini attachment
    Posted: July-06-2021 at 8:45pm
I am going to have to put a bimini on the keep my driver happy. I have a 95 Ski Nautique w/ a bracket attachments at the rear base of the windshield w/ a hole for a machine screw to go into. 1st; is a particular or specific Bimini frame, set up, attachment or other?? required or will any correct width bimini attach ok here? 2nd; does anyone know the correct / appropriate machine screw size, length & pitch? Thanks for any help.
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2021 at 10:41pm
I can take pictures of mine if it helps, my bimini came with the 95 Nautique when new.  Can you share a picture of your boat and what you are trying to do.
If you are trying to keep the driver happy she must be the BOSS.
I have the same issue.
Mark
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2021 at 5:19pm
Pictures sent, good luck with your install.
Mark
gcam4 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gcam4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-14-2021 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by gtisports gtisports wrote:

I am going to have to put a bimini on the keep my driver happy. I have a 95 Ski Nautique w/ a bracket attachments at the rear base of the windshield w/ a hole for a machine screw to go into. 1st; is a particular or specific Bimini frame, set up, attachment or other?? required or will any correct width bimini attach ok here? 2nd; does anyone know the correct / appropriate machine screw size, length & pitch? Thanks for any help.

I'm in somewhat the same boat as you but I'm deciding on where to put the mounts.  Any pictures of your setup?  Anybody else have a picture?  I purchased the Nautiqueparts.com bimini and it is very high quality.  Opted for the stainless fittings but haven't mounted it yet.  I am either thinking at the rear base of the windshield, or on the deck right beside the base of the windshield.

Are you saying you have brackets already mounted that came with the boat?  What do they look like?  The NP bimini is 91" if I remember correctly.  I don't have the brackets with me but I am thinking that 1/4-20's would be suffice and fit the bracket.  I can check tonight, forgot to last night.
gcam4 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gcam4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-14-2021 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by MrMcD MrMcD wrote:

Pictures sent, good luck with your install.
Mark

Can you post the pictures of your setup?  Thanks.
GeoB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GeoB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2021 at 8:09pm
Can you send me photos? I just got a 1985 SN2001 and I am shopping for Bimini tops
Geo
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2021 at 3:28pm
I will try and post a couple 

'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2021 at 4:16pm
I love those acorn quick disconnects on the hardware.   Very nice.  
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2021 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by Jonny Quest Jonny Quest wrote:

I love those acorn quick disconnects on the hardware.   Very nice.  

Besides the obvious they are also a big plus when seeking assistance from your guests (or spouse) when deploying the top.  
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
GeoB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeoB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2021 at 8:57pm
Nice photos. Thanx.

Where did you source that unit?

Next, what do you with the cover? Modified it?

My cover would not go on with that install.

New custom made cover the next step?
Geo
JayG80 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JayG80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2021 at 10:01am
I had a boat where the cover would not fit with the Bimini folded down over the windshield.  Reversed the Bimini so that it would fold down over the engine cover and that allowed the cover to fit ok.
2007 Ski
2002 Ski
gtisports View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gtisports Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2021 at 4:09pm
Thanks to all for info re. biminis. I’ll share a little bit of info I’ve found out, also.
I tried to go w/ a stock Nautique bimini, which attaches to the windshield. It is less heighth & shorter length than other biminis available. It also folds frd. onto the bow to get out of the way, which can creates issues (or not, depending on your preference or whether open bow or closed bow). Also, I was told that there became structural issues & concerns w/ the windshield attachment. Lastly, the source for these OEM biminis must custom make these & are 11-12 wks. out due to covid shutdown & catching up (now may become longer??). I was not ever able to talk w/ someone directly w/ fit questions. Alternative products also have rear arms & the option for standing the bimini frame up if you prefer. Some use larger diameter tubing for add.’l strength.
I hope this may help w/ others trying to add a bimini to an older SN that does not have one or that needs an upgrade.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2021 at 8:32pm
Originally posted by GeoB GeoB wrote:

Nice photos. Thanx.

Where did you source that unit?

Next, what do you with the cover? Modified it?

My cover would not go on with that install.

New custom made cover the next step?

My bimini was purchased used from another member on this site.  I purchased the quick release mounts on amazon.

The bimini comes off and goes on easy enough - not sure why you would want to put your cover on over the top.  Remove it an lay it on the floor of the boat or put it in storage 
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
JayG80 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JayG80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2021 at 8:49pm
Tower Bimini is a Ball of Spray fav for Nautique, maybe older models too.

2007 Ski
2002 Ski
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic