Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

i know i know, another gt40 idle problem

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
JayG80 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JayG80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2021 at 9:32pm
Of the 1994 to 2002 Ski Nautiques on our lake,  all have replaced a low pressure fuel pump and none an ECM.

Not a big sampling but I suspect it would hold up if we had a poll on CCF.
2007 Ski
2002 Ski
97superspotBOB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 97superspotBOB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2021 at 9:39pm
jayg80. that is very interesting. but the fuel pressure stays steady always, even when it starts to act up. i wish that was the case for me
bwinn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2021 at 11:00pm
If you haven’t already I would clean the battery connections and fully charge/test the battery. While your in the battery box take a look at the inline fuse and pull it out and clean up the connections. If it were me I would probably by-pass the kill switch for now also. Curious, does it have perfect pass?
-Burton
97superspotBOB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 97superspotBOB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2021 at 9:26pm
just to be clear, i was never talking bad about any business. in fact, the guy at gt40marine.com in my opinion gets a gold star. after realizing the ecm got sent with a chip that was never programmed, he did everything in his power to get me a new one for the next day knowing it was the holiday weekend. and he did! i got it in less than 24 hours. put it in, boat cranked right over and has been running like a dream! finally got to ski behind my new boat for the first time and burned through 2 tanks of gas the past few days pulling others with zero problems what so ever. i am so happy and relieved to finally be able to enjoy it! thanks so everyone for their input and possible solutions. you guys are what makes me love correct craft boats so much!
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2021 at 6:09am
Just to be clear I don't think you were ever talking bad about gt40 marine.com, but I was and your experience does little to change my thinking, but I'm glad it worked out for you.

Time for another "you done good" Wink

Can't say much about Mike's "rigorous" testing of the first dead ECU he sent to you.
agetech View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agetech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2021 at 12:39am
I know that this post is kinda old.  I just wanted to let everyone know that you can buy a used computer on Ebay for a 91 to 93 4 cylinder Mustang 12A650-BB coded D1L1 and then get in touch with t.franscioni at Planet Nautique to program a chip for you.  I gave $50 for the computer $25 to t.franscioni for programming, and I believe $75 for the chip a from Moates.  The chip card can be used on another computer if this one fails.  
I was having hot start problems with my old computer, and after checking fuel pressures and complete ignition tune-up, I was able to verify the computer was not firing the injectors when hot, with a noid light.   
Recently took the boat to the lake for a week and the grandkids skied and tubed for hours each day, never had a hot start problem.

My son started the boat clear across the cove while I was sitting on the dock, I was looking around to see where that good sounding boat was, then I realized it was mine, cool!
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2021 at 6:46am
That's pretty old news, but good to see it get reposted every once in a while. Wink

There have been a number of people here on CCF that took that route with good results. Tom is a member here too

Sounds like one more satisfied  customer.
agetech View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agetech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2021 at 10:47am
Topic - i know i know, another gt40 idle problem
Posted: Today at 6:46am By KENO
That's pretty old news, but good to see it get reposted every once in a while. Wink

There have been a number of people here on CCF that took that route with good results. Tom is a member here too

Don't like to see people paying $600 plus for a rebuilt computer when this is an easy and cheap fix.
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2021 at 11:38am
Originally posted by agetech agetech wrote:

Topic - i know i know, another gt40 idle problem
Posted: Today at 6:46am By KENO

Don't like to see people paying $600 plus for a rebuilt computer when this is an easy and cheap fix.

So it sounds like we agree

SuperspotBob bought his from the other place before asking any questions or saying he needed an ECM and he had to pay.

You might say that the guy selling them for 600 or more just pirated what Tom and some others did all the legwork on.  Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic