NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Proud father moment

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
rebel skier View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebel skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Proud father moment
    Posted: June-16-2021 at 2:03pm
This past weekend on the lake I had a moment with my young adult kids that made me really proud.  Both while out skiing, wakeboarding, and kneeboarding at different times said to me "I hate these damn f%&*^#$ surf boats" "why do these %&*^#$ have to come ruin the waster in the best cove to ski in".  I took a sip of my cold near-water beer and though to myself, my work as a parent is done.  :)

Hotty Toddy lets go skiing!
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2021 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by rebel skier rebel skier wrote:

This past weekend on the lake I had a moment with my young adult kids that made me really proud.  Both while out skiing, wakeboarding, and kneeboarding at different times said to me "I hate these damn f%&*^#$ surf boats" "why do these %&*^#$ have to come ruin the waster in the best cove to ski in".  I took a sip of my cold near-water beer and though to myself, my work as a parent is done.  :)

Clap Clap Clap Clap

Same for the tubers!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2021 at 3:08pm
Amen
DVskier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DVskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2021 at 3:18pm
Most of untalented surfers, wakeboarders, tubers are being pulled by a highly intoxicated, mortgaged to the hilt, parent using a $150k surf barge. I might add the tremendous hate and discontent that they sow amongst lakefront homeowners.
rebel skier View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebel skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2021 at 3:43pm
There was easily a million dollars worth of wake/surf boats in the cove.  The best athletes on the water were behind an aluminum fishing boat with a ski tow bar and 19 foot IO.
Hotty Toddy lets go skiing!
swilliams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swilliams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2021 at 5:36pm
It’s a good thing we have a great sea wall....yeah, I can’t stand them either!
1976 Martinique,350 Omc. 1975 Glastron/Carlson CV16,115 Merc.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2021 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by swilliams swilliams wrote:

It’s a good thing we have a great sea wall....yeah, I can’t stand them either!

We have natural shorelines so not so good. 

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2021 at 7:44pm
Great job training your kids!   On the lake last weekend there was a wakeboard barge that came on a 3 axle trailer.  Loaded with about 10 kids.  They were surfing and having a great time but ruined the water for everyone around.  I don’t know how that is legal.
I remember skiing the American River from 1975 to the early 80’s, we found glass water every trip but fishermen hated skiers.  They banded together and got us banned from that river.  We lost a pristine place to ski.
Our current favorite ski spot is being taken over by wakeboard tugs and kayakers,  it looks like we will be banned again soon.  Maybe when one of the wakeboard tugs sinks with a dozen people on board and the sheriff finds the fat sacks, extra added iron plates, I know a guy that added 1000 pounds of iron plates in his engine bay to enhance his 6’ surf wake, maybe they will face restrictions.
I have come around a blind corner at speed to find 10-12 kayaks right in the middle of the narrow lake.  They don’t belong out in the middle it is not safe but they do it all the time to shorten their paddle time.
What do you do?
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2021 at 8:12pm
Non registered vehicles should maintain a short distance to shore. Just plain stupid out in the open.
Faceplant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faceplant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2021 at 8:52pm
Kayakers and pontoon boats are our biggest problems. Smack dab in the middle and all spread out - nowhere to go. 
Feels like I am hanging 10 but in reality - probably hanging 6.
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2021 at 4:28am
Rebel, I too had a great Step-Dad moment last weekend when Paul and Kim were at my place and asked my step son if he boarded, skied or tubed. He said yeah I've boarded, been on trick skis, skied and even barefooted. I don't do the tube thing anymore, I'd rather ski. The smile on my face was priceless. Mission accomplished. Thanks Magicman, Hollywood, and Adam D for their contribution to the cause. 
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic