Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Neutral safety switch terminal screws

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Wilhelm Hertzog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilhelm Hertzog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Neutral safety switch terminal screws
    Posted: June-15-2021 at 7:17am
Can anyone perhaps help me with the exact specifications of the screws that connect the wires to the switch? My NSS has been disconnected for as long as I've had the boat, and the screws are gone. I want to reconnect the switch, but am struggling to find the right screws, so may have to order online from somewhere. I assume they're brass, but if anyone can help me with the exact dimensions and thread size etc. that will be hugely appreciated.

1982 Ski Nautique PCM351W RR II Velvet Drive 10-17-003 1:1 II PerfectPass Stargazer
Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2021 at 7:45am
Try a # 6-32 screw. 

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2021 at 9:17am
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Try a # 6-32 screw. 

Wilhelm

I think Pete fat fingered the keyboard and really meant to type 8-32 Wink,,,,,,,,,,,and they're  1/4 inch long with an internal lockwasher. and the ones that come with the switch  are stainless steel.
Wilhelm Hertzog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilhelm Hertzog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2021 at 9:37am
Great, thanks Ken. Interesting that they're stainless - I just assumed they would be brass for better electrical conductivity and reasonable corrosion resistance. Seems an awfully small contact area for the wire terminal between the screw head and the threads of the hole.
1982 Ski Nautique PCM351W RR II Velvet Drive 10-17-003 1:1 II PerfectPass Stargazer
Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic