Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Thoughts on

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
wsavini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wsavini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thoughts on
    Posted: June-10-2021 at 8:43am
I have a 1965 CC Mustang. What’s the thoughts of putting a tracking fin under her? Good idea or bad idea?
67 ski nat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 ski nat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2021 at 9:27am
First thing I show my friends are my two tracking fins. Sure look cool and faster
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2021 at 9:39am
But then again you don’t have a Mustang. The hull used on those and several other models do not have a completely flat bottom to mount them like on a Nautique.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2021 at 9:46am
Originally posted by wsavini wsavini wrote:

I have a 1965 CC Mustang. What’s the thoughts of putting a tracking fin under her? Good idea or bad idea?

Wayne,
Explain as to why you want to add the fin(s). 

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
wsavini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wsavini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2021 at 11:03am
It’s just a thought. It handles pretty good without fins.
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2021 at 11:17am
That's the cool thing about Mustangs. They don't have a tracking fin and therefore drift  when you turn hard. That's the joy of driving it and why I have one in the slip next to the Nautique.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
67 ski nat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 ski nat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2021 at 12:05pm
I’m taking my fins off now
Drifting sounds fun
wayoutthere View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wayoutthere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2021 at 4:45pm
What year did tracking fins come into play ? 

There is a possibility i could get a barricuda, its intact but have no idea the year or if it it's an ss model.  Because of his and the boats location are different i don't have all the details yet, just a picture. 

Also, what year/models got fiberglass seat shells and/or a fiberglass floor pan.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2021 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by wayoutthere wayoutthere wrote:

What year did tracking fins come into play ? 

Also, what year/models got fiberglass seat shells and/or a fiberglass floor pan.

The fins were added on the 2nd generation glass hulls in the eary 70's.

The only floor pan I know of was on 1st generation Mustangs. 

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2021 at 5:45pm
If you click on the link and read through it, you'll come up with some info on when tracking fins really showed up on Ski Nautiques Wink.

There are some familiar names in the fin discussion
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic