Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wakesurf with Sport Nautique 1990

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Fabrice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fabrice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wakesurf with Sport Nautique 1990
    Posted: June-08-2021 at 4:13am
Hello, I have a Sport Nautique from 1990 (I think same hull than the Ski Nautique) and would like to make wakesurfing with it. 
does somebody already succeed : what was the load configuration in the boat? People seats where in the boat ? Ballast how much ? Where?
So far I didn't succed with some guys siting on the back side: the wake isn't powerfull enough (too much foam)

thanks
Fab
Wilhelm Hertzog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wilhelm Hertzog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2021 at 2:19pm
Get yourself a wake shaper. You can buy or build. I put one together for my boat recently, and it makes all the difference. The posts in this thread may help:

https://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=49276

(Apologies about not posting a proper clickable link, but I'm posting from my phone, and creating clickable links on CCF from a phone seems to be a no can do.)
1982 Ski Nautique PCM351W RR II Velvet Drive 10-17-003 1:1 II PerfectPass Stargazer
Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2021 at 4:37pm
I have a friend with a 216 ( 21 foot 6") boat that is very similar too my sport. He surfs about every weekend, but he has a lot of weight in the boat.  He also uses a device called a suck gate.  It is a home made device to put on the hull to shape the wake. It made a huge difference.  Google Suck Gate and you will find them.  Seems like the master craft forum had a lot of info on them. 

You can now buy them with a built on float that helps you keep it if it comes loose.  Seems like the one fat sac beside the engine had 800 lbs in it and he had several other sacs too in the boat lockers. 
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
Fabrice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fabrice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2021 at 5:01pm
He put the 800 lbs fatsac on the same side of the rider I guess?
I thought we have to put either suck gate or ballast
Fab
Wilhelm Hertzog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilhelm Hertzog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2021 at 5:35pm
Originally posted by Fabrice Fabrice wrote:

He put the 800 lbs fatsac on the same side of the rider I guess?
I thought we have to put either suck gate or ballast

Use both a wake shaper and ballast. With a wake shaper you can weight the boat pretty evenly and still get a good surf wave.
1982 Ski Nautique PCM351W RR II Velvet Drive 10-17-003 1:1 II PerfectPass Stargazer
Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2021 at 11:25am
Yes, use both for best results.  You have to experiment and play around with it. The guys on www.planetnautique.com might be able to give you better advice on surfing than this group. These guys are mostly skiers and closet tubers. 

I do have another friend named Quinner who is into the larger ladies.  He places them in the back set and then he rides the waves. Brings new meaning to the word FACE PLANT !!!!!!!
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
Faceplant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faceplant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2021 at 9:41pm
Say what ? And how did I get dragged into this conversation ?
Feels like I am hanging 10 but in reality - probably hanging 6.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic