Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Canvas boat cover

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Wichitabub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wichitabub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Canvas boat cover
    Posted: May-22-2021 at 6:01pm
I’m trying to find a canvas cover for my 84 Ski Nautique 2001. When I bought it it had one on it. It had drawstring and was reinforced at the windshield corners,and lasted for years. I understand that it will probably need to be custom made. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Bob in Wichita
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-22-2021 at 6:10pm
I bought one at Overtons.com and it seems to be a good cover.  They have Ski Nautique specific covers available last I checked.

JQ
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
Wichitabub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wichitabub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-22-2021 at 6:21pm
Was it canvas or polyester?
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-22-2021 at 6:53pm
Robert,
Welcome to CCfan. 

Many including myself have had very good results with Angola. They have the pattern for your SN.

I suggest the Sunbrella frabric. 

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-23-2021 at 12:37am
My Overtons cover was “exact fit” in Sunbrella. The links provided above by Pete are also good options.

JQ
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
RedSmith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedSmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2021 at 3:53pm
Just talked to Overton about cover for my 1988 Ski Nautique.  They have drawstring models.  The covers are polyester, not canvas.
desertskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2021 at 4:28pm
Overtons also sell exact fit Sunbrella covers.  I have had several overs the last 20 years.  They have a draw string and integrated tie downs.  Wait for a 20% sale.

92 SN - Owned since 93
99 Pro Air
89 SN - Went to live on a lake in Texas
75 Donzi 16 - Sold in 93
DVskier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DVskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2021 at 10:48am
1+ onOvertons covers. I’ve had mine since 2005 and it’s perfect, fits like a glove. It is the Sunbrella and I got it on sale for $500. Worth the money as it doesn’t cause mildew on the interior. I wouldn’t consider canvas as the canvas covers usually cause mildew on interior. Note that I do live in a very hot and humid area.
RedSmith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedSmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2021 at 11:08am
This is the cover for the boat on a mooring?  How do you keep the water from pooling in the center?
desertskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2021 at 11:17am
Use PVC, either over the ski pylon or I made a stand out of PVC that sits on the floor behind the engine cover.
92 SN - Owned since 93
99 Pro Air
89 SN - Went to live on a lake in Texas
75 Donzi 16 - Sold in 93
DVskier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DVskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2021 at 1:20pm
Exactly, I use a 4 inch pvc with an end cap. Place it on the pylon at an effective height, mine is about 2 inches higher than the windshield. My boat is kept on a boat lift with a metal covered dock. Occasionally we have high winds that cause the intense rainfall to give the boat cover a good test. In over 16 years the cover has proved to be watertight. 
RedSmith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedSmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2021 at 5:34pm
Thanks, great idea and I will do.  Did you have to accomodate the extra height in your calculation of the size of the cover?  Or did it just stretch.  I guess it only needs a slight slope so not much height.

Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2021 at 6:12pm
Try Rankin Covers, expensive but worth it. No poles needed. Towable. 
Also, try Cover Sports.net.  Also expensive but a great cover. I have had both and loved both. No poles needed for both. Expensive and long lead times. Sunbrella is the way to go. 

Cover Sports is near Seattle Washington. 

Rankin was also in Seattle, but are now in the mid west.  Rankin's patterns were purchased by someone in the Mid West.

There were three companies in the Seattle area at one time. They all worked with each other at sometime in the past. The third company builds covers for Master Craft and Malibu. I believe they are called Evolution.  All three make a first class cover.  

JMO, 
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
DVskier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DVskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2021 at 10:12am
No I didn’t have to order a larger cover to accommodate the pvc pipe. Overtons has the specific models on their site.  I don’t know anyone who has been disappointed with their covers as long as you get the Sunbrella fabric.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic