Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

WOOOOHOOOOO! My new old boat

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
TampaTiger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TampaTiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WOOOOHOOOOO! My new old boat
    Posted: April-22-2021 at 9:47am
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2021 at 10:00am
David,
Congratulations. Clap  Welcome to CCfan. Tell us more. 

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TampaTiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2021 at 10:20am
So I am on DAY 1 of the two happiest days in a boat owners life.  Lets hope DAY 2 is at least a joyful summer of boating down the road.  Although, I do enjoy the garage days as I have a 1969 cutlass convertible.  different forum.

Some work here to be done for safety.... I think the engine has some car parts that need to be marinized, starting with the fuel pump, starter and alternator, fuel lines?  

Looking forward to all the head turns on the lake with this sweet vintage 1965 Mustang.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TampaTiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2021 at 10:30am
and no as TAMPAtiger....i'm not a chiefs fan.  Probably the first upgrade......new flags.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2021 at 11:07am
Originally posted by TampaTiger TampaTiger wrote:

Some work here to be done for safety.... I think the engine has some car parts that need to be marinized, starting with the fuel pump, starter and alternator, fuel lines?  

Looking great! You just missed the gathering at Astor,keep an eye out for next years event. As to safety items post some pictures first.in 1965 things were different and look different than todays items
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2021 at 11:23am
Congrat's on the new ride. She's Purty!!!! Cool Thumbs Up Welcome to CCFan!!!
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TampaTiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2021 at 12:40pm
thank you gents.  She arrives today from the great white north (Missouri?) at least I heard they had snow yesterday.  Classify under "not my problem" as my birdbrain  migrated south many moons ago.

i have 10 and 12 year old daughters who are about to learn to ski with great motivation.  This boat is certainly faster than most alligators.Wink

Will she pull a skier?  wakeboard? innertube?  

my experience with old things is if you run them hard they tend to get updated piece by piece by piece.  i hope she's hearty enough to bear the load....fingers crossed
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2021 at 1:21pm
What engine is in it? 
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2021 at 1:23pm
Very nice. Great color. Can it pull a skier? Wish I could post pic from phone. I’ve got one here of our 66 Mustang pulling a 5 man pyramid and another one of 2 of us Barefooting. Yeah, you’ll be fine. (Pics from back in the day, early 70s.)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic