Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

High Oil Pressure

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
youknowthiscraig View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote youknowthiscraig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: High Oil Pressure
    Posted: April-16-2021 at 4:26pm
1993 Ford 351 shows oil pressure at 90 lbs at idle, even after replacing the oil pressure sending unit. I would suspect the gauge at this point since other gauges are bad: fuel, speedo, voltage. lol. Any advice or experience would be appreciated. 

Btw, my best advice for these older boats is the purchase of a new carb matched to your specific engine. My boat ran poorly, I bought a new carb for like $400 five years ago...and now it runs like brand new. Obviously fuel stabilizer as well. 

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2021 at 4:57pm
Scott,
Before you condemn the gauge, "T" in a mechanical gauge next to the sender and see what it reads.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2021 at 8:08pm
A 90 psi idle reading sounds a little funny because the standard oil pressure gauge range for most CC's is 0 to 80 psi.(and most inboards for that matter)

So either you have some aftermarket gauge that goes to 100 psi or higher your 0 to 80 psi gauge is pegged high which might look like about 90.   What's it read as RPMs go up?

If it's pegged high, you could have a bad gauge just like you think

If you answer the question about the range, that would help.

Was it running with normal pressures and then just went up to 90 at idle? How about a little history.

If you turn the key to the Run position without starting the boat, what does the gauge read?

Is it safe to assume this is the same 93 Excel you've posted about before?

So many questions Wink

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic