Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

EFI Fuel pump availability

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
AlfaDon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlfaDon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: EFI Fuel pump availability
    Posted: April-16-2021 at 2:24pm
Excuse me if this has been discussed before.  I couldn't find anything although I thought I saw a discussion a while back. 

I've been trying to find aftermarket replacements for the FCC high pressure pumps. I found an outlet called VE Peterson that is a Walbro distributor. Jeff is the contact there.  They have the High Pressure Walbro pump (GSS 439) that is sold by PCM as the RA080027. This is the pump for the 6.0 and 8.1 engines.  They sell it for $100.

The replacement for the RA080025A (Walbro A0U269) is not being manufactured by Walbro any longer and so people like PCM dealers who still have stock are the only option for this part.  Jeff did say that he is going to search for a suitable replacement and will let me know.

I did ask Jeff if the GSS 439 could be used as a substitute for the A0U269, and he said that the amp draw on the GSS 439 is greater than the other pump and so I imagine that if the wiring was upgraded it could be used. I did some research online and found that the GSS439 draws about 9.5 amps. 

If you're interested in purchasing the GSS 439 you can contact Jeff at VE Peterson 800-537-6212

I just installed one that I bought from Miami Nautiques and I had to extend the pump on the pick up hose about 1/4" so the filter sat against the bottom of the canister. I also had to buy a connector for the pump that I got from Summit, Walbro #94-615

Just my $0.02

stepper459 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stepper459 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2021 at 9:45pm
This is good info, it seems that the "original" pumps are still available, for example, from nautiqueparts.com (RA080025A) for $150. So you're saying, those are NLA except for what's in stock? 

I try to keep an ear to the ground for soon-to-be NLA parts that could ruin my day, and then week, month, summer. I'll be curious what you find, and I'm a little tempted to buy one to have "in stock" in my basement for my 18-year old FCC. The whole FCC system strikes me as one of those systems that could become like the GT-40 ECU in the future. 

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2021 at 10:33pm
I bought a Walbro GSS 340 for my GT40 build but I haven't started it yet. Flow rating of 255 liters of fuel per hour,500+ hp. It was under 75 dollars. Really nothing to go wrong with the FCC if you at least drain it to see if it has water in it every year. No reason to worry about parts availability either. While you just cannot go and walk into somewhere and buy stuff you can find things,you just have to grab them when they show up. 
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2021 at 11:28pm
I do see looking at their web site they have a new pump out-   GSS350G3 
Type: Universal Intank Fuel Pump
Fuel: Gas
Horsepower: 600HP+
Flow Rate: 350LPH 
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
AlfaDon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlfaDon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2021 at 12:53am
That GSS350G3 looks identical to my GSS439
C_Heath View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C_Heath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2021 at 9:09am
same here
1979 Calipso Runabout (the boat that got it all started)
1988 Mastercraft ProStar 190 (sold)
2000 Pro Air Nautique/GT40
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2021 at 3:55pm
Here is an email I received from Walbro several years ago when I asked what a GSS 429 that I had was-

Hello Gary,
I was unable to find any information on a GSS 439 pump on our end. Not
to say that it couldn't exist but it could be a pump that you have to
get from the application manufacturer directly. Let me know If I can be
of further assistance for you.
Taylor W 

In this picture below is the GSS 429 then the GSS 340 and finally the A0U269. As you can see they all look basically alike ie they all have the fitting on the bottom that snaps into PCM's filter,other models do not have that. The GSS350G3  looks like it might possibly be the updated replacement for the GSS340 .....   https://walbrofuelpumps.com/ti-automitve-gss350-intank-fuel-pump-350lph-high-pressure-universal.html 

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
AlfaDon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlfaDon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2021 at 10:08pm
Gary, 
Just to let you know "Walbrofuelpumps.com" is not Walbro Corp. They're an authorized dealer and don't have access to everything. TI Automotive is the new face of Walbro, or maybe parent company.  I guess TI Auto, could have created Walbropumps.com as a retailer for their company.  Who knows these days with corporations.   It's quite possible that the GSS 340, GSS 429 and GSS 439 are all the same pump, they just might be renamed for the secondary market, in this case PCM
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2021 at 10:29pm
Interesting Don. Turns out that email came from Cyber Automotive- evidently a parent company of Walbrofuelpumps.com- Your right who knows it's from 4 years ago. In any case it looks like the GSS350G3  is a good alternative. I'm going to use the GSS 340 since I already have it. When it comes time it might be wise to put a pressure tester on it when I run it and see whats happening .
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic