NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Circulation Water Pump - 84SN2001

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
OldSchoolBlue84 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldSchoolBlue84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Circulation Water Pump - 84SN2001
    Posted: April-07-2021 at 10:35pm
Hi everyone, I’m in the process of changing out the circulation water pump on my 84 SN 2001 and have a question. Within the description of the new pump it states “older pumps do not use the two additional newer style mounting holes (not used) so just ignore them for the older applications.” Would those holes happen to be #8 and #9 in green below? If so, I’m assuming the gaskets provided with the pump would prevent any leaks to bolt holes #8 and #9? Bolt holes #1 through #7 in red would be the holes I’ll be using to mount to the block. Want to make sure before I install tomorrow. Thanks in advance!

upload pic

KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2021 at 5:15am
Makes sense to me

You should send your pictures to SkiDim so they could use them to make a good, easily understood description Wink

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldSchoolBlue84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2021 at 9:00am
Thanks Ken
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2021 at 4:44pm
Here's a picture of a Ford marine timing cover with a couple of pointy things sticking out of the holes that line up with those 2 extra holes in the newer water pump.

They may be holes but they're shallow, unthreaded and go absolutely nowhere. Wink

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldSchoolBlue84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2021 at 11:18pm
Thanks Ken, well all done. I guess she’s been leaking for awhile 🥴

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic