Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Water in oil

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Aj1253 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aj1253 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Water in oil
    Posted: April-07-2021 at 9:29pm
I have a 97 sport Nautique. I had it winterize and got all the water out of the lines I stored it in my garage the whole winter. Checked the oil this morning and it was milky like water got inside? Does this mean my engine is toast? What should I do? I drained the oil out of it this morning.

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2021 at 9:55pm
Sorry to hear that. Have you run it after it was winterized? Did you have it winterized or did you do it?
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2021 at 2:04am
When I bought my first Correct Craft Ski Nautique in 1982 the dealer told me to change the oil at the end of every season so the engine could sit with fresh oil in it over the winter months.  He said old oil has many contaminants in it that can be harmful.  I guess water is one of those issues.  Water continues to cause damage every day it is in there.

With that said, I am guilty, some years I put the boat away and don't change the oil till spring, not forgetting just getting busy with other things and neglecting to do my work on the boat.

Before panic sets in there are a couple ways water can get in your engine and some are pretty easy to repair.  The exhaust manifolds can leak and let water directly into your cylinders, we see that pretty often on this forum.   If it was winterized the water most likely is not from a freeze this year but what about past years?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic