NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cover for 78 cc martinique question

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
horkn View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horkn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cover for 78 cc martinique question
    Posted: April-07-2021 at 1:29pm
I've got a 78 martinique. It shares the hull as the 2nd gen ski nautique, but has a minority different windshield than the straight glass of the SN. I also have the standard dual airhorns, where I don't think I've seen those on a SN.

I can't imagine this cover wouldn't fit my martinique, as it's not THAT custom to not be able to fit. https://www.overtons.com/hot-shot-coated-polyester-boat-cover-for-correct-craft-ski-nautique-closed-bow-303435.html#q=Correct%20craft%20cover&pmin=200.00&pmax=300.00&start=1&sz=12&cgid=covers-tops%2Fboat-covers%2Fcustom-fit-boat-covers

Overtons won't accept returns of it doesn't fit

My old cover is needing replacement after 20+ years.
78 martinique- refloored, reinforced, stringers re glassed, re engineered interior
GT40P heads Edelbrock Performer intake acme 4 blade
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/horkn/fish/nautique.jpg
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2021 at 1:35pm
Tom,
Are you looking for a cover that can be trailered or just storage. Knowing that will help.

FYI, the deck mounted horns were aftermarket dealer installed. 

Here's a link to the cover you are looking at:

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
horkn View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horkn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2021 at 1:55pm
I'm looking mostly for storage, not trailering.
78 martinique- refloored, reinforced, stringers re glassed, re engineered interior
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2021 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by horkn horkn wrote:

Then the Overtons cover should be fine. Covers for trailering need to have a very tight fit custom such as the one Angola canvas makes. 

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
horkn View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horkn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2021 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Originally posted by horkn horkn wrote:

Then the Overtons cover should be fine. Covers for trailering need to have a very tight fit custom such as the one Angola canvas makes. 

Thank you very much for the quick reply! These are on sale through tonight, and I wanted to take advantage of the sale price

Tom
horkn View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horkn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2021 at 3:00pm
One other thing, how long will this " hot shot polyester" be expected to last if outdoors all summer with no shade? It gets stored in winter in a garage. The sharkskin or other options are out there for more $, but if this cover will last a few years, I'm fine with that. I'd just hate to have to replace it with a slightly more expensive fabric option 1-2 years down the road.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2021 at 3:41pm
Angola does NOT make trailerable covers. Suspect horns and placement won’t matter much on any of the major brands, so long as they generally end up in the canopy forward of the windshield. Would expect windshield height and shape (mostly corner location) to vary enough between a martinique and SN to matter, if it’s a cover meant to fit properly. Angola would fit and likely has the pattern, no need to order the wrong one and cross your fingers.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2021 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Angola does NOT make trailerable covers. .
Tim,
You're saying the Angola cover fit is poor so you can't take it out on the road? Guess I'll need to rethink my Angola. 

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2021 at 4:15pm
Your going somewhere? Actually out on the road with a trailer and a boat? Did I mention tow it down the road with a car? Ice isn't even out yet you have 3 1/2 months to go.LOL
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2021 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Ice isn't even out yet you have 3 1/2 months to go.LOL

The last of the ice went out this last Saturday the 3rd. Yup, early spring this year. 

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2021 at 5:36pm
Nope, wouldn’t trailer with any of my Angola’s more than a short trip in town at 30mph or less (if it were raining or such). No mooring style cover is tight enough and don’t expect it to trailer. Had a trailerable Rankin (like a Coversports) and that’s the only style I’ve seen without snaps that could be towed without buffeting. I’ll pass on the gel and cover damage otherwise. YMMV

Truly trailerable covers are a work of art but also a huge PITA to put on. Unless snaps.
swilliams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swilliams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2021 at 9:29pm
I had mine done by Angola. Pattern 29. I had it done in Aqualon II. They will make it with or without snaps. I had them make mine with eyelets plus a few extra in critical areas. Holding up well after 4 years now. I will not tow with it on though. I am going to have them make one for our pontoon also(they made the original).
1976 Martinique,350 Omc. 1975 Glastron/Carlson CV16,115 Merc.
horkn View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horkn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2021 at 10:11am
Update to this thread, the cover arrived a couple weeks after I ordered it, and it fits well enough. I'm happy with it for the cost.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic