Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Acme Prop options for 96 Sport

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Canuck-Surfer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck-Surfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Acme Prop options for 96 Sport
    Posted: March-29-2021 at 11:23am
I'm in the home run stretch of my 96 Sport restoration. I'm starting to think about the prop. I've read many of the endless prop threads but haven't found my specific question. So here is another prop thread...

I currently have a 422 but we plan on mainly wakeboarding and surfing on the Sport (yes, I know its not really a surf boat, but one can try and the kids are still small). Wavemakers and ACME seem to offer different advice on their respective websites. Wavemakers site places me in a 480 while ACME's site recommends a 1868. 

Wavemakers:

1993-1996 Sport NautiqueWaterSki / Barefoot
ACME 422
Recreational / Everything
ACME 654
Wakeboard / WakeSurf
ACME 480
High Elevation / Heavily Weighted
ACME 650

ACME: 

Acme for 96 Sport
1996 Sport Nautique GT40 EFI
Canuck-Surfer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck-Surfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2021 at 11:25am
Follow up: To get the ACME calculator to recommend a 480, I have to turn elevation up to 6-9k. 
1996 Sport Nautique GT40 EFI
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2021 at 3:01pm
I realize that this not a true apples-to-apples comparison, but I had an 1868 on my 1994 Open Bow Ski Nautique for a short period.  The SNOB is not a twin to your Sport, but it may be in the same postal code.  Per the Brochure, the Sport comes in at 2,700 pounds, dry...only 200 more than the SNOB.

The SNOB engine was the 300 HP Pro Boss TBI engine.  When I moved from sea level to the Utah mountains, I installed the 1868. Hole shot was very strong but I had to watch for over-revving...even at altitude. I swapped the 1868 for a 654 as I am 95% slalom skiing.  For wakeboarding, I’m guessing that the 1868 might be a good place to start. 

JQ
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
Nauti Gator View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nauti Gator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2021 at 11:58pm
I have the 4 blade Acme 2160 in my '93 Sport - right now we are 95% Wakeboarding.  Perfect for our current use - just takes a few min to swap props if you want to barefoot.  If you already have the 422 and its in good shape get something more aggressive for slower speeds.  I'm also at 0 elevation.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic