NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2002 ski nautique

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345>
Author
Mikeski2000 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikeski2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2021 at 2:17pm
Curiosity has gotten the better of me so here is what I see on mine.
When I enter my code, I hit start once. It lights like you show, and my radio comes on.
One more quick hit and my gauges come to life.
I push start longer and it fires off.

No code and I get the dash lights like you but nothing else. Just like you are showing.
I don’t have an ohm reader so I can’t give you voltages.
I wonder if you have a code somehow programmed in yours.
Just my thoughts.
I’m sorry you are struggling so much with this. A key would be nice sometimes.
Mike
Skier4life04@gmail.c View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skier4life04@gmail.c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2021 at 2:30pm
That's what I'm hoping as well, I sent an email to nautique parts and also the dealer where I got the boat, but from what I have found online, the new ones don't have embedded code and the original code is stored in the old keypad. I havnt been able to do anything as far as programming on this new one though
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skier4life04@gmail.c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2021 at 3:18pm
Ok,so I spoke to the nautique dealer and they said my PDM (breaker box) is locked out. I'm not getting a volts reading from the other wires because the keypad sends data back to PDM not power, thats why my multimete just dimly blinks when I test orange wire. I have to take the boat to nautique dealer so they can go in and program my PDM to new keypad. Fingers crossed thats all it is.
James T Brockma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James T Brockma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2021 at 3:26pm
Now I have learned something.
Jim '06 216

'98 SN 176

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James T Brockma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2021 at 3:29pm
By the way what exactly is a PDM and what does PDM stand for?
Jim '06 216

'98 SN 176
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skier4life04@gmail.c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2021 at 3:35pm
Not sure, lol, I didnt ask what it stood for I did clarify he was talking about the breaker box under the steering column. The nautique dealer apparently has to get in it with a computer and reset it. I'm going to call a few more Monday and get their opinions as well before I drive 2 hours to the dealer.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skier4life04@gmail.c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2021 at 3:38pm
Power distribution module... PDM, just looked it up
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikeski2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2021 at 3:41pm
Power Distribution Module(PDM). Why they can’t just call it the fuse box.
Hope they get you sorted out. Seem to remember hearing that on Planet Nautique once as well.
Mike
Mike
ultrarunner View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2021 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by Skier4life04@gmail.c Skier4life04@gmail.c wrote:

Ok,so I spoke to the nautique dealer and they said my PDM (breaker box) is locked out. I'm not getting a volts reading from the other wires because the keypad sends data back to PDM not power, thats why my multimete just dimly blinks when I test orange wire. I have to take the boat to nautique dealer so they can go in and program my PDM to new keypad. Fingers crossed thats all it is.

I'd find out what tool their using and GET ONE! That tool should be mandatory for anyone with a 'key pad' operated boat!

MS
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2021 at 6:30pm
Originally posted by James T Brockma James T Brockma wrote:

Now I have learned something.

I think we all have Wink

Among other things, I also seem to have learned that their diagrams are pretty much worthless when they don't even show a PDM on any of the available diagrams on PN for the 00 to 02 boats. (dash diagram, main harness diagram etc)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James T Brockma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2021 at 6:59pm
Just an FYI skier there are several threads on PlanetNautique where owners of 2000-2002 model years replaced their key pads with new ones right out of the box with no need to go to the dealer for any kind of programming. Since there seems to be space to store 3 codes the recommendation seems to be to use the original master code as the first entry to keep it “original” for future owners/trips to the dealer for service/repairs. I think a call to NautiqueParts is in order before a 2 hr trip to the dealer.
Jim '06 216

'98 SN 176
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2021 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by James T Brockma James T Brockma wrote:

Just an FYI skier there are several threads on PlanetNautique where owners of 2000-2002 model years replaced their key pads with new ones right out of the box with no need to go to the dealer for any kind of programming. Since there seems to be space to store 3 codes the recommendation seems to be to use the original master code as the first entry to keep it “original” for future owners/trips to the dealer for service/repairs. I think a call to NautiqueParts is in order before a 2 hr trip to the dealer.

My first impression is the dealer is out to make some money! LOL

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skier4life04@gmail.c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2021 at 3:58pm
Yes, I am definitely going to contact nautique parts before I go, thing is my original keypad may not have been bad bc its doing the same thing the old one was, so the PDM losing the master code could have been the problem from the jump... it did sit many years with a bad battery up in Indiana.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James T Brockma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2021 at 6:58pm
If it ends up being an issue with the PDM and in fact the PDM is toast NautiqueJeff has one advertised for sale under “gear for sale” on PlanetNautique. If needed you can talk to him about it. I am very interested hear what you find out from NautiqueParts.
Jim '06 216

'98 SN 176

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James T Brockma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2021 at 6:31pm
Skier, do you have any update on your keypad? Thanks
Jim '06 216

'98 SN 176
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2021 at 11:00pm
I just read this post for the first time.  After reading I would make it priority to eliminate the touch pad and go back to a key or even a push button start.  The 40 pin plug at the pad might be a very tough work around.  I work on modern automotive electrical all the time and any time I have to turn the key to the run position to tast systems I hook up a battery charger, voltage drop causes many issues with computer controlled engines.
2001SAN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2001SAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2021 at 2:23am
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic?url=https://www.planetnautique.com/vb5/forum/nautique-topics/maintenance-technical-discussion/588115-keypad-backup-or-bypass&share_tid=588115&share_fid=3823&share_type=t&link_source=app

Keypad backup or bypass

Worth a look?

D
A little knowledge is a dangerous thing...

2001 Super Air Nautique
1989 Fairline Corniche 31

www.bannrivercruises.co.uk
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2021 at 5:25am
Originally posted by 2001SAN 2001SAN wrote:

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic?url=https://www.planetnautique.com/vb5/forum/nautique-topics/maintenance-technical-discussion/588115-keypad-backup-or-bypass&share_tid=588115&share_fid=3823&share_type=t&link_source=app

Keypad backup or bypass

Worth a look?

D

Link:

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
2001SAN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2001SAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2021 at 5:58am
Thanks Pete. Was in a hurry before work!

2001 Super Air Nautique

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skier4life04@gmail.c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2021 at 6:20am
I sent the new keypad and PDM off to nautiqueparts to be tested, they should have showed up there yesterday. I will go with the work around if PDM is bad, thats another 800 bucks. Thanks everyone, I'll keep you posted.
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2021 at 6:28am
If you need to go with the workaround, it would be easy enough to turn the toggle switch and pushbutton into a keyswitch, then you'd have a key that you could put in your pocket.
2001SAN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2001SAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2021 at 7:40am
Good point.

2001 Super Air Nautique

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skier4life04@gmail.c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2021 at 8:20am
That sounds so much easier and much more cost sensitive... lol
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skier4life04@gmail.c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2021 at 8:42am
Ok, so an update, I sent my new keypad, old keypad, and ECM to nautiqueparts, they tested everything. My old keypad was bad, and the ECM was bricked, they flashed it for me and now it should work. Only thing is it won't be able to store a code, ill just push start. I will let you all know what happens when I get it back together, im hoping all the seals are OK from sitting dry so long.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skier4life04@gmail.c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2021 at 8:44am
An added note, nautiqueparts customer service is excellent, they flashed and tested my parts free of charge. Although I bought a keypad from them, I still think they went above and beyond to help out!
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2021 at 1:14pm

Ok, so an update, I sent my new keypad, old keypad, and ECM to nautiqueparts, they tested everything. My old keypad was bad, and the ECM was bricked, they flashed it for me and now it should work. Only thing is it won't be able to store a code, ill just push start. I will let you all know what happens when I get it back together, im hoping all the seals are OK from sitting dry so long.

Does this mean you'll now have a really easy to steal boat?  Just push the button and away you go Wink
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikeski2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2021 at 3:08pm
Could put a keyed battery kill switch in the battery box. It wouldn’t be impervious to theft, but nothing is.
Mike
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikeski2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2021 at 3:11pm
Like this

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08B85G8RY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_imm_W2RJ4PYFCCFN68198F7F
Mike
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2021 at 4:17pm

Only thing is it won't be able to store a code,.

Did they say why it won't take a code? 

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skier4life04@gmail.c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2021 at 5:46pm
Yes, definitely easy to steal... lol... I have it all back together now, it turns over but doesn't fire. I have spark at the plugs and when I put starting fluid in the throttle body it runs, until I stop spraying... any ideas?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345>
  Share Topic